Chapter 145

At my words, Yuanna turned her head to look at me. Kayden, lost in thought, spoke again, "The cabin is where Jenas can freely use his magic given that he managed to seal Anata in there, but he can't if he's outside of it."

Yuanna nodded in affirmation. Seeing her nod, Kayden added, "Then we'll have to lure Jenas out."

He's right. Jenas' magic power is limited outside the cabin. Plus, he was in the form of a young boy, so he would be easy to subdue if a group of us could get him outside.

Enoch chimed in, "We should split into two teams, one to lure that damn kid away and buy us time, and one to break Anata's seal."

Everyone agreed with Enoch.

So it was decided that I, Yuanna, and Eunji would go into the cabin while the rest would drag Jenas out. That was our first plan.

In fact, without the success of the first plan, the second plan (to get off the island) was completely impossible to realize.

This is because we had very little information about how to get off the island and how to deal with Jenas, so we had to rely on Anata for clues.

So it was imperative that our first plan succeed.

"By the way, how do we break Anata's seal?"

"Hm......"

At my question, Yuanna looked at me with a puzzled look on her face as if she didn't know that much.

Kayden, who'd just finished cleaning up and packing, chimed in, "If all else fails, just destroy the cabin."

That big cabin......? That would hurt Anata, too.

Seeing my expression, Kayden smiled. "Ask Anata. She probably knows everything."

"Sure, whatever. We don't have any other choice, so we'll figure it out as we go," said Yuanna.

I nodded at Yuanna's words and looked worriedly at Ruzef, who was still unconscious.

I wonder if he's going to be okay.

***

Jenas smiled as he borrowed the raven monster's eyes to survey Margaret's situation in the hut.

"Looks like she's heading this way. I should probably go greet her," Jenas muttered as he pulled up a chair next to Anata and sat down. Anata frowned in annoyance.

Jenas, who certainly didn't care about Anata's feelings, smiled and continued, "When you think about it, this isn't so bad. Opening the Return Gate kept our descendant alive."

Jenas had been unusually talkative lately. Anata furrowed her brow at his words.

The descendant of ours that he was referring to was Kayden Blake Rohade.

"Our descendant died the last time we met, so I gave up on taking his body, but this time he's still alive." Jenas stroked his chin with his small hand.

He continued, "This is the last one, so I look forward to it. I think I can wipe them out once and for all, leaving only the Saintess."

"You're going to end the experiment in one fell swoop?"

"Yes, I've waited too long. Anata, the Saintess will become Alea, right? Seven is the lucky number in the dice game. If she's the last one standing, she'll have to kill herself again, poor thing."

"How do you know who will be the last one standing?" Anata replied irritably.

"I'm just making a prediction. The priests are always the last ones standing, the ones who are favored by God and blessed with good fortune."