Chapter 93

"Can all of us cross over there?"

No one answered my question.

Kayden, who had come to the front of the suspension bridge, examined it carefully.

Then he asked Diego and Yuanna, "Don't you think the condition is worse than when we saw it a few days ago?"

Yuanna nodded and answered, "Right, there was clearly no sign of any damage before. It's as if someone had crossed the bridge after we were all gone......"

Diego also nodded his head with a serious face.

Arthdal approached Kayden who was still checking the condition of the bridge.

He said, "Maybe there really is a kidnapper. As the Young Lady Floné said, they locked us up for experiments, and if they were to observe us on this island, this could all be explained."

"But that's still just speculation. I think we should go to this star-marked place to answer that question."

After I answered Arthdal's words, Kayden opened his mouth with a reluctant look.

"Hold up......"

"What's the matter?"

Kayden, who was lost in thought, looked at me with a complex expression.

"When I went out for an excursion a few days ago, I saw a monster watching me."

"What do you mean?"

Enoch turned around, arms folded and a serious face. Yuanna and Diego also looked at Kayden, clueless.

"I did not see it though?"

"You know, the first night I found the hut, I went out alone to find something to eat."

When Kayden answered Yuanna's curious question, she gave a small exclamation and nodded.

"I could feel a gaze from somewhere. So I looked around and saw a pair of eyes staring at me in the dark!"

Kayden made a twinkling gesture in front of his eyes as he folded and unfolded his hands.

"It looked like a wolf-type monster. Usually, this type of monster immediately attacks us when it sees us. But after looking at me for a while, it just walked away, as if just watching what I was doing."

"Was it a spy? Could it be that the monsters had already grasped the dynamics of reconnaissance before attacking us?"

I laughed out loud and said it like a joke. But, unexpectedly, everyone was listening to me seriously.

"I don't think they have that level of intelligence, but if someone is controlling them, that sounds like a good possibility," said Enoch calmly.

"Experiments or whatever, it seems almost certain that there is someone on this island watching us." Arthdal, who was silent, spoke with a sigh.

I replied, "A place marked with a star on the map is suspicious."

"Well, maybe there really is a kidnapper there," said Yuanna, nodding in agreement.

We were silent for a moment. Each of us was lost in thought.

After a heavy silence, Yuanna evoked the mood. "Okay, we have to cross the bridge anyway. Who will cross first?"

At Yuanna's question, Enoch drew his sword from its scabbard.

"Arthdal and I will cross first."

"What? I don't want to. Why should I?"

Arthdal ​​looked at Enoch with a puzzled face. Of course, Enoch did not respond. Then Arthdal sighed and took out the arrow he was carrying on his shoulder.