Chapter 150

The ground that Jenas was on shot up into the air. If we hadn't dodged, we would have both been hurt.

'Someone other than Jenas used magic.'

Then I remembered Ruzef in hindsight and hurried to him.

"Archbishop! Archbishop......!"

Luckily, I saw Yuanna and Anata picking up Ruzef who had fallen on the ground.

Behind them, Kayden ran toward me, his face full of urgency.

"Margaret!"

Running toward me, Kayden reached out and cast a magic circle. It was Kayden who had used magic earlier.

I widened my eyes as I saw yellow sparks like lightning coming from Enoch's sword. It must be a magic-based sword.

"Hah, finally, the mana seal is broken."

Only then did I understand what Jenas had said: the reason he had taken the form of an adult was because he had regained his mana completely.

I struggled out of his arms and pointed the flare gun at him again.

Jenas let go of me calmly and said, "You must have noticed. The seal has been broken, and the structure of this island is all organically connected. The mother of monsters was also created on this island, so it has become one of the elements that build it."

He continued excitedly, "And now that one of those interconnected structures is gone, there's a crack in the island's rules that my sister and I have worked so hard to create. Now that's interesting, isn't it?"

'What......?'

Was that why he wanted me to get rid of the mother of monsters?

In other words, I've been in the palm of Jenas' hand all this time.

I'd suspected he was up to something ever since he told me to get rid of the mother of monsters. But I never realized it was true.

Right. It was a subject and experimenter conversation from the beginning. With us, the subjects, are at an absolute disadvantage.

"Actually, I didn't expect that priest to seal those spirits. That was completely unexpected. Using his own body as a vessel to seal them. This is why the priests were and still are......"

Tsk. Jenas clicked his tongue, narrowly avoiding Enoch and Kayden's attacks, and continued his explanation leisurely.

"I thought you might be able to get rid of them, Margaret. That would have broken the mana seal right on the spot."

"And if I couldn't get rid of them, and the Archbishop couldn't seal them, then I would have died without breaking the seal?"

"That's not such a bad ending, is it? Hahaha," Jenas laughed as if having fun.

'Ah...... What a crazy bastard.'

His words caught me off guard, and he pulled me back into his arms, sweeping me up in a quick hug and leaping into the air.

A magic circle formed in front of us. As it activated, the ground rose up and exploded.

-bam!

"Put Margaret down." Kayden's silver hair whipped around in the gust of wind as he looked at us.

Jenas said without erasing his displeasure, "Hey, my descendant, if you do that, you're going to hurt Margaret. But is it just a matter of returning Margaret, no matter what the conditions?"

Kayden looked at me after hearing Jenas' words, and his eyes shook fiercely.

Jenas chuckled in amusement. I pushed him away and tried to slip out of his arms.