Chapter 149

Descending to the first floor, I stepped out through the window at the back of the cabin that Yuanna and I had entered.

-drop, drop.

Then the rain began to fall, one or two drops at a time. The front of the cabin should have been abuzz with battle, but I heard no noise.

It's ominous.

Soon a trickle of rain drenched the ground.

-cough. I heard Ruzef coughing through the rain. I ran straight to him.

"Archbishop, are you all right?"

As I helped him to his feet, I continued to scan the surroundings. The dark cloudy sky was gloomy, and the cabin in front of us was dreary and dismal. It was like the calm before a ticking time bomb exploded.

I swallowed dryly, feeling eerie. My hands were shaking with nervousness, gripped by tension.

Ruzef coughed a few more times, wiped his rain-soaked face, and looked up. His gray eyes widened slightly at the sight of me.

The moment I locked eyes with him, I felt a strange sensation. It was him, but it didn't feel like him. I also felt that something had changed a bit.

-swaaash.

Except for the sound of the falling rain, there was only silence.

There was still no sound of Jenas and Enoch's battle outside the cabin. What had happened? I hope they're not in trouble. My mouth went dry with anxiety.

I barely lifted Ruzef from his seat and looked around for a place to hide. I had to move away and hide.

I don't know what's going on, but if I stay like this and Jenas catches me......

"Ah, there you are, huh?"

A familiar voice called out from behind me.

My heart dropped to the ground with a thud. My mind went blank, and I was frozen in place, as if I had shackles on my feet, unable to move.

Without turning, I knew who he was.

It was Jenas.

Were they all defeated by him?

'No way. Enoch and Kayden were defeated?'

I couldn't believe it.

I have to hold out until Yuanna gets Anata out of there. Can I do it alone? Against Jenas?

Despair washed over me at the bleakness of the situation.

As I struggled to swallow the flood of frustration and convince myself that I was okay, Jenas called out to me again.

"Meg, what are you doing?"

Barely able to compose myself, I turned to look at Ruzef, who was leaning over me with a blank expression on his face.

I can't be like this. I can't break down here. Determined, I slowly turned around.

The first thing that caught my eye was the brilliant silver hair, followed by a handsome face and creepy red eyes.

With the face of an innocent boy, Jenas tilted his head. Then he pointed at his own body and said, "Don't worry, Meg. I told you, I'm subject to the same limitations as you on this island."

I frowned. That wasn't what I wanted to know.

"What about the others......"

"Ah, I used some fog, because you're the one I need to do my business with."