Chapter 147

Then the others looked back and forth between me and Enoch as if understanding what he meant.

"I'm good at passing things on."

Sitting to my right, Kayden leaned forward and glared at Enoch and me. I thought it was another one of his meaningless ramblings, so I tried to ignore it.

But he added, "I can't give up even if it's your last."

Enoch didn't respond to what Kayden added. I mulled over his words, a little conflicted.

I hated this conversation because I really felt it would be the last time. So I didn't answer.

Then Yuanna asked, "What about you, Margaret?"

Even Kayden, who had been glaring at Enoch, looked back at me. All eyes were on me, and I blinked like an idiot.

Even so, I had nothing to say.

"Margaret?"

Yuanna called to me again, tilting her head with a puzzled face.

"I don't have...... you know, my situation."

"Ah......"

It took Yuanna a moment to catch the meaning of my words, a look of apology crossing her face.

And without further explanation, no one asked me any other unnecessary questions. The understanding and the silence made me uncomfortable.

I am Margaret, but I am not Margaret.

I don't even know who I am, let alone how to introduce myself, and how can I convey my last words?

In the end, I remained silent until the end.

***

After that, we walked for about two days straight. We arrived in front of Jenas' cabin in the middle of the night.

I thought it would be foggy near the cabin. The fog had confused us before, trying to keep us from coming near the cabin.

But to our surprise, there was no fog in front of the cabin and the view was clear. It was as if they had been waiting for us to come.

Arthdal said there were no monsters around for Jenas to borrow eyes from. The sealing of the mother of monsters must have worked.

Judging by the radius of the fog, Anata's magic was only effective within a 30-meter radius of the cabin.

Hence, we settled down in a place away from the range of her magic and prepared for a full blast. After double-checking what we had brought, we decided to hide near the cabin and wait for daylight.

Arthdal kept checking to make sure no monsters were approaching, and Kayden put up a defensive barrier.

We didn't light a campfire, just in case. We settled down among the bushes and decided to spend the night with a night watch.

I was the first one on the night watch.

The night is quiet when everyone is asleep.

-buzz.

Only the sound of grasshoppers filled the forest. I stared into the lights of Jenas' cabin and looked up at the night sky.

I could see the stars filling the sky. What a beautiful night sky.

It was hard to see a sky like this in Korea, and for a moment, I felt nostalgic for the country I couldn't go back to.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of someone stepping on the grass. I turned around, startled, and saw Kayden standing there.