Chapter 117

I was startled and backed away.

Then he raised his eyebrows and stood still.

"Are you feeling okay? Does your head hurt?" Enoch asked me as usual, with a strange, non-human face.

I rubbed my temples. It seems that I am hallucinating.

"I feel bad. My head hurts too."

In response to my answer, Kayden, who was standing next to Enoch, opened his mouth to say something. But,

-thud. thud. thud. thud.

There was a dull sound of footsteps somewhere, causing the ground to shake lightly.

All eyes on me turned in the direction of the sound.

"Looks like monsters are coming," said Enoch.

Kayden turned to me. "Damn it. Margaret, I'll explain later. For now, please cooperate first. I will use the magical aid to seal your mana."

"What? why?"

"That's...... no time to explain. Sorry."

Kayden forcibly grabbed my hand.

I was so shocked for a second that I shook his hand away and stepped back.

Kayden looked at me with a puzzled face.

"......by temporarily sealing Margaret's mana......."

He must have said that yesterday.

Wasn't it a dream?

"Even if you don't have time, explain it to me. Why do you want to seal my mana?"

"That...... it's dangerous for you."

That's not a sincere answer. As if giving candy to a child, those are just empty words to calm me down.

"I don't think there's much time to wait."

Ruzef slowly approached me. A headache struck me again, and Ruzef's face grotesquely distorted.

Damn, what is it? I keep seeing nonsense.

Frowning, I shook my head and stepped back. The three men look at me with puzzled faces.

"What are you going to do when my mana is sealed?"

"......perhaps the most dangerous person is Margaret......."

"Well then, how about testing......."

"It's not too late to try and kill......."

If what I heard yesterday wasn't a dream, they might be trying to test me now. And if judged to be dangerous, they might kill me.

Yeah, maybe I've been trusting them too much. Didn't these men distrust me and hate me from the first time I met them?

Maybe I've been too naive all this time.

The musty smell got a bit stronger. I rubbed my forehead, feeling the disgustingly dizzy smell giving me motion sickness.

I kept getting angry and angry because my head hurt. Feelings of unfairness and sadness came flooding in like a broken dam. Not only was my judgment impaired, but I kept hearing and seeing strange hallucinations.

"What is it, Margaret? Wait, what is this situation? I think there's a misunderstanding."

Kayden looked at me with a puzzled face. I let out a sigh, narrowing my brows at the feeling of fatigue that was creeping in.

"I can't believe anything you say now. You should have explained it straight away before there was any misunderstanding."

"That's not it, Margaret......."