Chapter 134

"What map is this?" asked Kayden.

"I don't know. Could it be that the ghosts kidnapped Sir Diego and dropped this......"

Ruzef didn't finish his words because of Kayden's glare at him.

"You know how absurd that is, don't you?"

Ruzef frowned and replied dissatisfiedly, "There's always more absurdity than you can imagine here."

In fact, what Ruzef said is right. Whatever you can imagine, there are always more absurd things going on on this island.

"This mark seems to be the mother of monsters," I said while pointing at the grotesque drawing of a monster on the map, to be precise in the eastern part of the North Island.

Enoch asked with a puzzled face, "The mother of monsters?"

"I heard that this island is in ruins after repeated experiments for a thousand years. The evolution of monsters is one of the precursors. Jenas said that there is a mother of monsters in the eastern end of the North Island, and if you get rid of it, the monsters will stop evolving."

After listening to my words, Kayden asked me with a curious expression like a student solving a difficult problem. "What is the mother of monsters?"

"I don't know. He told me to go there myself."

Once again I held back my swearing for Jenas. Damn you Jenas.

Enoch, who had been listening to our conversation, spoke in a calm, heavy voice. "Margaret, do you know the reason why Jenas told you about the mother of monsters? That's suspicious, it might be a trap, so I think we should be careful."

Enoch's words made sense. I was lost in thought and recalled what had happened at the time.

"I think he told me because he thought I was going to die then. I almost got eaten by a monster."

"What?! Why didn't you say that before?"

At my words, Kayden got up from his seat in a fit of anger.

-crack.

At that moment, the canned food Enoch was holding was roughly dented. His thick forearm, delicately woven with muscles, was full of tendons. Kayden, Ruzef, and I were left speechless as we stared at Enoch.

He asked me calmly, "That wizard tried to kill you?"

His voice was soft, but somehow his eyes seemed to have a faint glint of madness. Bewildered by his response, I slightly averted my gaze.

"Oh... well... to be more precise, I was abandoned. Jenas didn't directly threaten me, but when I was dragged away by a monster that invaded the cabin, he didn't save me and left me alone."

"I didn't like that damn brat from the start."

I jumped up from my seat and pulled Kayden's hand as he was about to run out, trying to sit him down, then looked back at Enoch.

"This map is our only clue, so how about we find the mother of monsters? If what Jenas said is true, we need to get rid of it to eradicate the monsters. Then Jenas will no longer be able to borrow the monster's eyes to watch over us."

"Margaret's right. This is the only clue we have, it's pretty close from here too."

"How about meeting the Saintess before finding the mother of monsters?" Ruzef carefully expressed his opinion.

"The Saintess' map has supplies location markings. I remember one of them is in the eastern part of the island where the mother of monsters is said to be," he continued.