Chapter 110

"Sorry, I didn't think you'd be sick like this."

Hearing Enoch's muttering, I blinked slowly.

Even though it wasn't big enough for the three of us, Kayden's robe covered us like a blanket.

I feel like I'll live a little when my body warms up.

After I came back to my senses, embarrassment came over me again. I cleared my throat and tried to make excuses.

"Come to think of it, I think it's just fatigue. I haven't slept well for a few days and yesterday I fell asleep uncomfortably up in a tree. I've been in a state of tension."

Then Enoch lowered his head and looked at me, smiled, and patted my head.

"Get some rest for now. We'll look after you."

"Yeah. Get some rest, Margaret."

Even without them saying anything, my eyelids were slowly closing. Contrary to my will, I fell asleep as if in a stupor

***

I slept really well for a long time. It had been such a long time since I had slept so soundly, so I felt a sense of full happiness.

Feeling my lighter and refreshed body, I slowly opened my eyes.

I am still in the arms of Enoch and Kayden. It was very cold at night, but it was hot after I recovered.

"I—"

"Looks like you are awake."

"Are you awake, Margaret?"

I just quietly opened my mouth, but they asked me at the same time.

They really don't seem to have slept a wink while sharing their body heat with me. A sense of guilt came along with a sense of apology.

"I am fine now. Thanks."

Carefully, I got out of their arms and sat up. Then they got up after me. Kayden yawned as he stretched, and Enoch was massaging the back of his neck, probably stiff.

"Looks like you two couldn't sleep because of me......"

Eunji, who was sleeping curled up under my feet, blinked and slithered up onto my lap. I patted the kid who was acting cute with his face in the palm of my hand.

Then I raised my head.

The two were looking at me with rather blank faces.

"Why?"

Kayden avoided my gaze, scratching his cheek awkwardly.

"I miss yesterday's Margaret."

'Yesterday's me?'

......are you talking about when I asked you to hug me?

Enoch didn't say anything, but his face seemed to agree with Kayden's words.

"I troubled you two yesterday. Sorry."

"What do you mean trouble, it was so good—"

"Lord."

When Enoch called out to Kayden to calm down, he quietly shrugged his shoulders.

Enoch sighed and quietly placed his hand on my forehead. Then, he naturally stroked my cheek.

"The fever seems to have gone down completely."

Kayden added, "Yesterday, your body was extremely cold, then it got really hot. It was so crazy."

"Thank you. Now I'm going to stay up all night, so both of you can rest."

At my words, Enoch and Kayden looked at each other.