Chapter 119

Looks like the poison gas I inhaled when I threw the flare into the anaconda monster's mouth last night was the problem.

'Somehow, I kept thinking that there was a strange smell coming from my body. It must have been because I was poisoned.'

When the headache completely went away and my head cleared up, I was worried about the people I left behind.

Yeah, there's no way Enoch and Kaden would do anything bad to me. There must have been a misunderstanding. I should have listened to them.

I was the idiot who ran away, unable to distinguish between delusion and truth with a confused mind.

"Dammit."

I fixed my crossbody bag and looked around. I lost my way while running away.

Even though Eunji could sense my location, it was hard to find anyone else, so I had to move on my own.

"Is everyone looking for me?"

Regardless of whether the conversation I overheard last night is true or not, they will be looking for me.

Most of all, when I ran away alone, they looked at me in panic and despair as if the world was about to collapse.

"Okay. Let's meet first and ask."

I go alone or not depending on their answer.

I took the map out of my crossbody bag. However, even after looking at the map for a hundred days, it was hard to pinpoint where I was because there was no river nearby and no obvious terrain.

'If I shoot a flare, it's obvious that monsters will come in droves.'

I had no choice but to move in search of flat terrain with enough sunlight to check the cardinal directions.

On flat ground, I placed a long branch. Then, after confirming the cardinal directions with the direction of the shadow, I unfolded the map again.

I have to go further west to get to the cave where I met the giant anacondas. After figuring out my current location, I quickly made my move again.

Fortunately, I didn't run too far, so I got to the cave before the sun went down. However, there were no traces of people remaining in the cave except for the place where the bonfire was made.

I gently touched the unlit bonfire. There was no warmth whatsoever. It seems like it's been a while since people left.

'It's kind of like deja vu.'

I've been through this before. At that time, Enoch returned while I was looking for him around the cave. Will it be like that again now?

Without hesitation, I sat at the entrance of the cave and waited for Enoch, Kayden, and Ruzef.

The sun was setting, casting red shadows across the sky. Sitting still at the entrance of the cave, I looked up at the sky.

Even though I know it's dangerous to stay here like this, I'll stay. Just in case everyone returns.

So I keep waiting.

-ssssa.

Eunji flicked his tongue out as if uneasy, and slithered back and forth from place to place. I sat blankly and stared at Eunji passing the time away like that.

Dusk soon came. And no one had returned.

'Should I wait one more day?'

In fact, it might be better to go to the bunker alone. I took out the notebook I found in Jenas' cabin from my crossbody bag and unfolded it.