Chapter 144

I put on a puzzled face as she hugged me.

Arthdal lay on his side, glaring at us. "Does anyone know what the hell this is about?"

Of course, neither Enoch nor Kayden answered him; they'd heard about the situation from me, but had to hear from Yuanna as well for more details.

Arthdal glanced over them, pretending to be pitiful. "I'm the only one who doesn't know anything again. Saintess, I didn't expect you to be like that, how could you not tell me anything?"

Of course, no one answered him.

"I know you two have a lot to talk about after seeing each other for the first time in a while, but let's get some sleep first and do it tomorrow."

Kayden, who had been silent, stepped in and separated Yuanna from me. Then he tucked me in bed, studying my complexion as carefully as he would his own daughter.

"Margaret needs to rest."

I don't know what everyone else's reaction was, but I was a little weirded out by the silence of Ruzef, who was usually always chiming in.

"Actually, I became a priest because I hate people."

"To be precise, I don't want deep relationships. There's no need to maintain annoying human relationships after becoming a priest. But priests are in doctrine to love humans."

"Actually, I feel a little comfortable on this island, because I don't have to pretend like that."

It's obvious that he sacrifices himself for everyone. Though he denies it, he is a man who fits the title of priest better than anyone.

'I hope both Ruzef and Diego wake up soon.'

I blinked as I heard the others ordering their vigils. It felt like a heavy weight had been placed on my eyelids.

I still have a lot of questions to ask Yuanna......

I fell asleep, probably because I used too much mana.

***

A savory smell tickled my nose. The sweet scent reminded me of raspberries......

"There, Prince, you are such a bad cook, you'd better sit there."

"Bad... what? Come on, Saintess, I'm trying to do something to help, and it would be nice if you could at least recognize my sincerity."

"Damn, guys, will you shut up or Margaret will wake up."

"I've had enough. Would you all please step aside, you're a nuisance."

I slowly opened my eyes to see three men and a woman huddled together in front of the fireplace in the cabin, arguing.

It reminded me of my days on the South Island. A sense of peace came over me. I'm glad everyone is safe.

'No, no, no. What about Diego and Ruzef?!'

Just as I was lost in thought, I heard a friendly voice beside me.

"Are you okay?"

I turned my head in a daze and saw Diego's face.

I jumped out of bed. "Sir Diego?! Are you okay?!"

At my shout, everyone in front of the fireplace turned to look at me.

"Margaret, did you sleep well?"

"Good morning, young lady."

I stared blankly at the people sitting in front of the fireplace saying good morning to me, then back at Diego, who was sitting next to me.