Chapter 44

Gu Yang’s favorite dishes were placed on the dining table, they still had more meat and less vegetables, and the few dishes of green vegetables were what Fan Yuan forced Gu Yang to eat every day.

Fan Yuan took Gu Yang to sit at the table, filled him with vegetables and meat on the smallest spoon, and asked him to eat with a toothpick.

Gu Yang sat on Fan Yuan’s left, leaning against Fan Yuan’s arm, his cheeks swelled up from eating, and chewing, his little mouth kept busy.

While eating, he looked at the small wild flower placed on the other side of the dining table. Fan Yuan inserted the small wild flower into a vase with a thin white neck. Gu Yang liked it no matter how he looked at it.

Seeing that Gu Yang was still distracted while eating, Fan Yuan moved his left hand which was leaned on by Gu Yang, pulled Gu Yang closer to him, and stuck a piece of cauliflower with a toothpick and handed it to Gu Yang.

Gu Yang was gnawing on the meat. Seeing the cauliflower that Fan Yuan handed over to him, he frowned and looked disgusted, but he obediently opened his mouth and ate it bit by bit. After eating the cauliflower, he asked Fan Yuan:

“Fan Yuan, do you think that flower is pretty?”

Fan Yuan looked at the small wildflower in the vase, with pale white petals tinged with red. The stem had almost no leaves and stood alone, topped by a simple flower crown. The thin petals were a bit plain, and on any other day, Fan Yuan would not have given the wildflower a second glance. However, at this moment, he felt it was particularly beautiful.

“Pretty.”

Gu Yang received Fan Yuan’s approval, making him even happier. He leaned back against Fan Yuan’s arm and rubbed against it, and with just one word of “pretty”, he obediently finished all the vegetables that Fan Yuan had fed him.

After eating, Gu Yang took the initiative to move his mouth to let Fan Yuan wipe it.

After wiping his mouth, he immediately stood up and ran over to the small flower on the other side, stood on his tiptoes, and looked at the tall flower in the small vase. He couldn’t help but reach out and touch the petals of the flower crown, and he felt a liking for it no matter how he looked at it.

“You are so pretty, you deserve to be the one I chose to give to Fan Yuan.”

After the words fell, it was unclear if it was Gu Yang’s illusion, but he seemed to see the flower crown of this flower move.

Gu Yang rubbed his eyes, and when he looked again, the flower didn’t seem to have changed much.

Fan Yuan extended the wrist that was connected to the chain around Gu Yang’s neck, and stood by the table with Gu Yang. Seeing how much Gu Yang loved the little wild flower, he reached out and poked Gu Yang’s little head.

“Have you seen enough? If you have seen enough, you should go study.”

As he said that, he lifted Gu Yang up without hesitation. Gu Yang sat on Fan Yuan’s left palm, holding Fan Yuan’s thumb and turned his head to wave at the little wild flower he had worked so hard to pick in winter.

“See you tomorrow.”

Fan Yuan looked down at Gu Yang in his palm:

“Isn’t it a flower for me? Why do I think you seem to like it more?”

Gu Yang immediately shook his head, and pressed his tender face against Fan Yuan’s fingertips, his voice was soft but firm:

“Since it’s a flower for you, it’s natural I need to take care of it.”