Chapter 47

The flowers outside the window were still in full bloom. According to this momentum, it was expected to bloom for a few more days.

As the night gradually deepened, Fan Yuan finally stopped writing, and returned to the bedroom with little Gu Yang who was already asleep in his arms.

The two were lying on a big bed, but they only occupied one person’s place. They were tightly pressed together, covered with a quilt, and fell asleep together.

Ever since Gu Yang came, Fan Yuan hadn’t had those dreams about the past for a long time.

The next day was a Sunday holiday. Fan Yuan woke up in the morning and did not wake up Gu Yang, but went to the kitchen to make breakfast by himself.

Just after breakfast was prepared, two unexpected guests came to Fan Yuan and Gu Yang’s house.

Fan Yuan put the steaming hot breakfast on the dining table, set the tableware, and then looked up at a luxuriously dressed couple who walked in.

“You are here, what’s the matter?”

Father Fan and Mother Fan stood together in front of Fan Yuan. They were obviously elders and Fan Yuan’s biological parents, but they revealed a sense of alienation towards him.

“We saw the photos about this place on the news…we wanted to come and see you…”

When Mother Fan was speaking, her right hand would always touch her lower abdomen subconsciously. Seeing Fan Yuan looking over, she immediately put down her hand and squeezed the handbag tightly.

“Fan Yuan, mom also wants to care about you. You bought so many flowers, are you in a relationship? Or do you have someone you like?”

Father Fan’s eyes fell on Fan Yuan’s breakfast on the dining table, there was only tableware for one person, and the amount of food did not seem to be for two people.

“Does the person you like… live here? If possible, can you let us see them? Your mother and I are not old-fashioned, and you have always had excellent grades to not worry us, we won’t deliberately stop you.”

Fan Yuan stretched out his hand to check the temperature of the breakfast which was gradually cooling down. He was a little annoyed at the sight of his parents, but he still had a polite smile on his face.

“No, I won’t bother you, I will figure it out myself.”

After hearing what Fan Yuan said, Fan’s mother’s face became increasingly embarrassed, while Fan’s father’s expression became angry. Seeing how Fan Yuan was unable to contribute to the conversation, he almost couldn’t resist criticizing him. However, Fan’s mother pulled him back and urged him to keep quiet.

Fan Yuan glanced at Mother Fan’s lower abdomen, and suddenly took a step closer to Mother Fan.

Unexpectedly, Mother Fan’s complexion suddenly changed, and she took several steps back in horror, clutching her lower abdomen, and didn’t realize until she hit something behind her. She looked at Fan Yuan more and more embarrassed, and pulled out a very ugly smile.

Fan Yuan just took a step forward and stopped immediately. He seemed to have guessed from Mother Fan’s reaction, and just looked at her indifferently.

Suddenly, a touch of green flashed past the corner of the stairs. After Fan Yuan noticed it, he immediately ignored his father and mother, turned around calmly, and walked towards the stairs.

“I’m going upstairs first. If there is nothing, you can rest downstairs by yourself.”

Saying that, Fan Yuan walked up the stairs. At the corner of the stairs, Gu Yang was sitting on a flower stalk spreading from the wall, rubbing his eyes and yawning. As soon as he saw Fan Yuan, he immediately stood up and stretched out his hands to ask Fan Yuan for a hug.