Chapter 74

Mount Xumi is the most spiritually abundant immortal mountain in the realm of immortals and the residence of Xumi Tianzun.

Gu Yang was brought back to Mount Xumi by Fan Yuan and discovered that, although it was filled with dense fog like the immortal palace, it was not luxurious and had only a few simple and plain buildings.

He held the smooth white jade mask that Fan Yuan gave him and wandered around several rooms, finding everything he saw to be quite extraordinary.

“When I read cultivation novels before, I thought those immortals who could live for thousands of years were amazing. I never thought I would see them with my own eyes one day,” Gu Yang said.

Fan Yuan pointed to a room and told Gu Yang, “You’ll stay here.”

Gu Yang naturally thought this was Fan Yuan’s room, so he pushed the door open and found only a simple carved bed inside. It was not big enough for two people to sleep on together.

He heard the sound of a door closing from the next room and hurriedly ran out to see Fan Yuan entering the room and closing the door behind him.

Gu Yang went to push the door, but it wouldn’t budge. It seemed like Fan Yuan had cast some kind of immortal magic that made it impossible to open.

Gu Yang could only stand at the door and knock, “Fan Yuan, open the door and let me in?”

Fan Yuan’s voice came from inside, ethereal and cold, “Gu Yang, in this dream world, I am naturally cold and can only control the ice qi around me for a limited time each day without harming others. It’s safer for you to stay in the other room, away from me.”

Gu Yang disagreed and still wanted to go in, but no matter how hard he knocked, Fan Yuan stopped responding.

He could only turn around and sit down by the door, frowning and thinking that next time he lit a match, he must control his wandering thoughts and mentally prepare himself before doing so.

Sitting by the door, Gu Yang looked at the dense fog around the mountaintop and felt incredibly bored.

He wondered if Fan Yuan was really planning to isolate himself from him until the dream world ended.

Suddenly, several figures appeared through the fog, and Gu Yang squinted to see more and more people around him.

Some were hovering in the air, some were standing on flying swords, some were sitting on magical tools, and some were even riding immortal beasts.

They got closer and closer, eventually stopping at a safe distance and pointing and talking to each other while looking at Gu Yang.

These people are disciples within the immortal sect. They were very curious when they heard that Xumi Tianzun suddenly took on a new disciple, and they all came over to see what was going on. When they saw Gu Yang being blocked outside the door by Xumi Tianzun, they felt that although Xumi Tianzun had taken Gu Yang as his disciple, he didn’t seem to care much about him.

Gu Yang couldn’t stand being looked at and stared at by these people, so he got up and went into the adjacent room, closing the door tightly, shutting the windows as well.

Peeking through the crack in the window, Gu Yang sneered at the still-gathering crowd. He looked around the room and found a strange, pointed tool, and walked over to the wall next to Fan Yuan to start digging.

The wall was not very thick, but it was difficult to dig through. Gu Yang was determined to go to Fan Yuan’s side and dug while panting heavily, with his face covered in dust.

When he finally dug out a small hole, the whole wall suddenly emitted a faint light and disappeared.

Fan Yuan sat cross-legged on a cushion and meditated without opening his eyes.