Chapter 91

Even though it was just a simple grip on his fingertips, Gu Yang suddenly felt a slight sense of danger at that moment.

Fan Yuan’s fox eyes appeared mysterious under the corridor lights. His fingertips were hot, and his slender fingers held Gu Yang’s hand, gently pulling it at a steady pace towards him.

Gu Yang struggled to break free from Fan Yuan’s embrace and instinctively took a step back. However, his fingertips were still held by Fan Yuan.

“…What kind of help?” Gu Yang asked.

Fan Yuan’s lips curled up, but before Gu Yang could see the full expression on his face, the lights went out.

Gu Yang thought it was because the motion-activated lights didn’t sense any movement, so he stomped his foot, but no matter how much noise he made, the lights didn’t come back on.

A furry fox tail wrapped around Gu Yang’s wrist as Fan Yuan exerted force, bringing Gu Yang back into his embrace.

“Let’s go back to the bedroom.”

Gu Yang had been slightly afraid, but upon hearing the words “go back to the bedroom,” he suddenly felt relieved.

After all, his intention was to not sleep in separate rooms with Fan Yuan.

Although Fan Yuan hadn’t told him why they had to sleep separately these past few days, at least this inexplicable act of sleeping separately was coming to an end, and Gu Yang was happy about that.

When they returned to the bedroom, Gu Yang realized that all the lights in the entire villa were out.

“A power outage?” he wondered.

Fan Yuan hugged Gu Yang from behind, placing his hand over Gu Yang’s mouth.

“Don’t worry about it.”

When there was no indoor lighting, the night outside the window seemed brighter.

Through the bedroom window, Gu Yang could see a crescent moon in the night sky, surrounded by a few twinkling stars.

The light from those stars flickered in Gu Yang’s eyes, gradually becoming blurred.

Suddenly, Fan Yuan pulled the curtains shut, plunging the room into complete darkness. The two of them leaned against the window, in the quiet and windless room, as the curtains swayed.

Gu Yang finally understood what kind of “help” Fan Yuan meant and why they had to sleep separately these past few days.

But it was too late for Gu Yang to realize it. He raised his hands, tightly grabbing onto the curtains, pressing his head against them.

The soft fabric offered no comfort, just like his unruly thoughts.

Gu Yang witnessed the gradual brightening of the dawn, as dim light slowly seeped through the curtains, illuminating everything in the room.

It wasn’t until morning arrived that Gu Yang finally had the opportunity to lie back down and rest.

The large bed, empty throughout the night, had cool sheets that brought a sense of relief to Gu Yang’s overheated skin. But soon enough, even those cool sheets were imbued with the same warmth.

With his left arm covering his eyes, Gu Yang finally couldn’t hold back his tears.

“Fan Yuan, you’re not human… You’re really not human…”

Gu Yang faintly heard Fan Yuan chuckle, followed by his response, “Are humans more formidable than me?”

Gu Yang swore that he would never “help” Fan Yuan again.