Chapter 58

However, Fan Yuan didn’t say anything at all. He just walked into the kitchen after lunch and poured a large glass of pineapple juice with ice cubes added, which he handed to Gu Yang.

Gu Yang took the straw and took a sip. The sweet taste of pineapple spread from his mouth to his stomach.

“Why did you suddenly make me some juice to drink?”

Fan Yuan gave Gu Yang a full glass again after he finished the first one.

“To reduce swelling.”

Gu Yang suddenly realized that pineapple juice could reduce swelling. He touched his swollen lips and found that they didn’t hurt as much after drinking the cool pineapple juice.

When he was drinking the juice, Gu Yang had been carefully holding the straw in his mouth because of the swelling. Fan Yuan sat beside him and watched him the whole time. When Gu Yang’s gaze fell on the TV and he felt Fan Yuan’s persistent gaze, he looked back strangely and found that Fan Yuan showed no sign of being embarrassed. His gaze seemed to have fallen on Gu Yang’s mouth, but when Gu Yang noticed, Fan Yuan quickly averted his eyes, only to look back again shortly after.

Gu Yang felt that Fan Yuan was acting strange today.

After Gu Yang finished two glasses of pineapple juice, Fan Yuan handed him a steaming hot boiled egg with the shell already peeled.

Gu Yang looked at the egg in his hand and thought for a few seconds before opening his mouth to take a bite. However, Fan Yuan stopped him.

Fan Yuan took the egg from Gu Yang’s hand and sat next to him. He lifted the egg to Gu Yang’s lips.

As soon as the hot egg touched his swollen lips, Gu Yang cried out in pain. Fan Yuan saw that Gu Yang was in tears from the pain, so he became more gentle. He rolled the egg on Gu Yang’s lips for two circles before handing it back to him.

“Massage it yourself.”

After the initial pain, it was quite comfortable to apply the egg to the swollen lip. Gu Yang took the egg that had already cooled down and rolled it back and forth on his mouth. Fan Yuan sat next to him watching TV and didn’t move away.

Although he said he was watching TV, his gaze occasionally fell on Gu Yang.

It wasn’t until the egg in Gu Yang’s hand had lost most of its heat that he stopped and opened his mouth to bite off half of the egg and put it in his mouth.

Just as he was about to take a second bite, Fan Yuan suddenly leaned over and swallowed the half of the egg that Gu Yang was holding in his hand. Because the action was so quick, Fan Yuan’s canine tooth even brushed against Gu Yang’s fingertips.

Gu Yang stared at Fan Yuan in confusion, slowly chewing on the egg. He watched as Fan Yuan’s gaze fell on his lips while he was chewing, as if he was looking at some kind of appetizer.

After finishing the egg, Fan Yuan stood up and went into the bathroom.

After a while, he came out with a lip balm and a towel wrapped around an ice pack. Fan Yuan sat back next to Gu Yang again. Despite being smaller than Gu Yang, he looked serious as he pinched Gu Yang’s chin, turning his head to face him.

Gu Yang felt inexplicably nervous. Fan Yuan was very close to him now, and his gaze kept falling on his lips, making Gu Yang unconsciously lick his lips, and then immediately wrinkle his brow in pain.

Fan Yuan lightly tapped Gu Yang’s lips with his cool fingertips and warned him, “Don’t lick.”

Gu Yang softly replied, “Okay.”