Chapter 88

Gu Yang woke up early, not having slept soundly due to some concerns on his mind and worries about Fan Yuan.

When he woke up, Fan Yuan, who was holding him from behind, was still fast asleep. The sky had already brightened completely. As Gu Yang lowered his head, he saw Fan Yuan’s arm resting on his waist, and the bandages wrapped around it had already loosened and fallen off, revealing the undamaged skin underneath.

Looking at Fan Yuan’s arm, Gu Yang was a bit absent-minded. After the events of the previous day and night, Gu Yang’s mind had become much clearer. The details that he had overlooked due to excessive worry and guilt came to mind one by one. He now knew that Fan Yuan had deceived him.

He couldn’t pretend not to be angry, but he also realized that he was the reason for Fan Yuan’s current complicated situation. Gu Yang turned over and looked at the still sleeping Fan Yuan. He lowered his head and gently kissed Fan Yuan’s brow, but he didn’t wake him up. Instead, he got up himself and went to the bathroom.

He needed to figure out a way to get through this “The Marriage of Mrs. Fox.” If he continued to indulge Fan Yuan like this, something would go wrong sooner or later. Besides, both of them couldn’t handle the emotional toll.

Gu Yang splashed cold water on his face, sighing heavily as he bent over.

He decided to keep his distance from Fan Yuan starting today. No matter what, he couldn’t soften his heart. He had to make Fan Yuan compromise today. He didn’t want to see Fan Yuan harm himself again.

As the old fox version of Fan Yuan logged out, the young fox version of Fan Yuan opened his eyes to find an empty bed in front of him.

Fan Yuan was only affected by the “The Marriage of Mrs. Fox” scenario, which resulted in the appearance of two different personalities during the day and night. Initially, they struggled to adapt, jealous and vying for affection, but it didn’t mean he had no memory.

It was the fourth day since the start of the “The Marriage of Mrs. Fox,” and the influence was gradually diminishing.

Fan Yuan reached out and touched the empty bed, closing his eyes. He sensed through the Daoist mark on his chest that Gu Yang was on his way to school.

Despite being the young fox version who usually smiled, Fan Yuan’s face showed no expression. He got up with a stern face, walked into the bathroom, and splashed several handfuls of cold water on his face.

Fan Yuan didn’t know that Gu Yang had done the exact same thing in the same spot.

Unbeknownst to them, they had been influencing each other all along.

Fan Yuan splashed the water vigorously, wetting his clothes. He raised his hand and pressed the water-drenched palm against the mirror.

In the mirror, the reflection was indeed the old fox version of Fan Yuan.

They stared at each other through the mirror, and the deep black eyes seemed to have made a decision.

Gradually, a gentle breeze rose in the bathroom.

When the breeze dissipated, the old fox version of Fan Yuan had disappeared from the mirror. Standing in front of the mirror was the young fox version of Fan Yuan, but behind him, there remained a single large and thick fox tail.

The thoughts of possessiveness surged in Fan Yuan’s heart: He wanted to kiss Gu Yang, wanted Gu Yang to stay away from the old fox version of Fan Yuan, wanted to have Gu Yang all to himself…

The fusion between the two immature personalities was still unstable. The young fox version of Fan Yuan nodded, but as soon as these thoughts emerged, Fan Yuan lowered his head and splashed several handfuls of cold water on his face.