Chapter 51

Because Gu Yang had his whole small body lying on the unfinished painting before, the paint was all over his exposed hands and cheeks, even the ears were covered with colorful paint.

Fan Yuan wiped Gu Yang’s face with a hot towel, from his cheeks to his neck, and then from his neck down to his fingers.

Gu Yang lowered his head, with one hand held in Fan Yuan’s palm, carefully wiping, while the other hand moved, fingers gripping the nearby blanket and slowly pulling it up to cover his body.

After Fan Yuan finished cleaning Gu Yang’s hands, he reached out and pinched Gu Yang’s earlobes, then got up and left.

“I’ll go find some cotton swabs to clean the paint off your ears.”

Gu Yang nodded, and as soon as Fan Yuan left, he collapsed onto the bed, covering himself in the blanket and clutching his chest which was pounding wildly.

He had some guesses about his inexplicable growth and return to his previous size, it was probably similar to the conditions of the “golden finger” in “The Nightingale”, that when stimulated and with intense emotional fluctuations, he would grow larger.

But there were also some differences. This time, Gu Yang would only return to his normal size when his emotions fluctuate greatly because of Fan Yuan.

Gu Yang curled up in bed, waiting for Fan Yuan to return. After waiting for a long time without seeing Fan Yuan’s figure, his body slowly filled with a feeling of discomfort that had not appeared for a long time.

This feeling was the side effect brought by the frequently appearing gold fingers that Gu Yang was familiar with in the previous few gold fingers. Since the countdown started with the gold finger in “Thumbelina”, Gu Yang had not experienced this side effect for a long time. He once thought that this gold finger was very conscientious and did not have any side effects, but it turned out that it was not the case.

It seemed that when he grew bigger, and stayed away from Fan Yuan for a long time, Gu Yang would experience this uncomfortable side effect. However, because Gu Yang had not grown up many times, and every time he was with Fan Yuan, he did not notice it.

At this moment, Fan Yuan had not returned for a long time. Gu Yang, who was uncomfortable, reached out from under the quilt and grabbed around aimlessly. He only felt that the uncomfortable feeling on his body was getting more and more intense, gradually turning into a mild pain.

He slowly sat up from the bed wrapped in a quilt, and looked towards the slightly closed bedroom door.

“Fan Yuan? Fan Yuan? Where are you?”

Gu Yang called out several times in a row, but did not get a response. He could only get out of bed while holding the quilt, staggeringly walking out, barefoot, supporting himself with the wall in the corridor, and slowly moving forward.

Halfway down, Fan Yuan appeared from the corner of the stairs with a box of cotton swabs in his hand. When he saw Gu Yang holding the wall with the quilt, he was stunned.

As soon as Gu Yang saw Fan Yuan, he immediately stopped moving, standing in place with a grievance, trembling slightly holding the quilt, almost unable to hold it.

He reached out a hand from under the blanket towards Fan Yuan.

“Fan Yuan…”

Fan Yuan walked slowly towards Gu Yang, his dark eyes seeing through Gu Yang’s current expression.

Gu Yang couldn’t stand Fan Yuan’s slow pace and took two more steps forward before his legs gave out and he fell onto the carpet.

He looked up at Fan Yuan with a dependent look in his emerald green eyes, calling out his name in a trembling voice.