Chapter 76

Gu Yang counted the little bunnies. There were four of them, and one of them was wearing glasses. As he looked at the bunny with glasses, he had a very bad feeling in his heart.

After dismissing the other animal ministers, Gu Yang immediately untied the rope that bound Fan Yuan.

Fan Yuan took off the red peony flower on his head and threw it into Gu Yang’s arms.

Gu Yang held the peony flower and led Fan Yuan and the four little bunnies through the side door that the bunnies had just come out of.

They walked through a long corridor behind the side door, and sure enough, it led to the palace of the rabbit king.

The Animal Kingdom didn’t look very wealthy, and the palace wasn’t luxurious. It wasn’t even that big. But the central bed was quite large. It was more like a rabbit’s nest, piled up with a bunch of blankets, pillows, and toys. It seemed that Gu Yang, the rabbit king, lived with his four little bunnies.

The four little bunnies stood in a row in front of Fan Yuan and Gu Yang. They were all curious and wanted to get close to their mother for the first time.

Gu Yang stared sternly at the four little bunnies. Three of them were boys, and only the one at the back with glasses was a girl.

The bunny who had introduced himself as “Second Melon” before walked slowly to Fan Yuan’s side, took his hand and looked up at him with admiration in her eyes.

Second Melon looked a lot like Gu Yang, and her smiling face was also similar to Gu Yang’s.

She held Fan Yuan’s hand and asked softly, “Mother, why are you so much taller than father?”

Gu Yang bent down and picked up the Second Melon and moved away from Fan Yuan to see the other bunny babies.

He stood in front of the bunny with small glasses, hesitating as he called out, “Four eyes?”

The little bunny pushed up her small glasses and solemnly nodded her head, “What does my father call me for?”

Gu Yang said, “Nothing.”

Okay, he now knew the names of the four bunny babies – Eldest, Second Melon, Third Boy, and Four Eyes.

Eldest looked like Fan Yuan, being the tallest among the four and the most silent. His small face was taut, much like Fan Yuan’s in his childhood.

Second Melon looked like Gu Yang and had a similar personality, sticking close to Fan Yuan.

Third Boy looked the most timid, always hiding behind Gu Yang, not speaking or calling out to anyone. He only occasionally peeked out from behind Gu Yang’s back, timidly glancing at Fan Yuan before immediately retreating. This timid personality didn’t seem to be from Fan Yuan, but more like Gu Yang in his childhood.

Four Eyes, on the other hand, was hard to pinpoint who she looked like. She was a small bunny girl who was carrying a storybook in her arms. She seemed more interested in the book than in meeting her mother for the first time.

Despite not being satisfied with their names, Gu Yang was extremely pleased with the four bunny babies in every other way. He hugged Second Melon in his arms and kissed his small head. Second Melon shyly held up his small face but looked towards Fan Yuan, saying, “Father, I want Mother to kiss me.”

Gu Yang remained silent for a moment before handing Second Melon over to Fan Yuan.

Fan Yuan also inexplicably took Second Melon and, in Second Melon’s expectant eyes, leaned down and kissed his forehead.