Chapter 102

Gu Yang’s golden finger was fully and unreservedly used during this long summer vacation, but it wasn’t him who used it primarily; it was Fan Yuan who did.

The phrase “Eat the marrow and know the flavor” was thoroughly dismantled, crushed, and chewed over and over again by Fan Yuan.

As the long summer vacation was coming to an end, the acceptance letters were successfully delivered to the small villa.

The summer vacation was over, and Fan Yuan and Gu Yang looked unchanged.

However, during their last dinner with Meng Zhan and the others before going to college, they all said that Fan Yuan and Gu Yang seemed a bit different, but they couldn’t pinpoint what exactly had changed.

Pan Fei said it was called maturity, but Li Ziyan felt that Pan Fei was lying. They were all the same age, so why did Fan Yuan and Gu Yang mature after just one summer vacation, while they did not?

After the last meal, everyone was about to head to different cities and begin their new university lives.

Being newly grown-up young men and women, they were full of anticipation for the future.

Gu Yang knew that Fan Yuan had bought a small apartment near their university. It was highly probable that they wouldn’t return frequently during winter and summer vacations. After this farewell, they would have fewer chances to meet with these classmates. So during the dinner, they drank a lot of alcohol.

With Fan Yuan by his side, Gu Yang had no concerns about drinking. He drank heartily and soon passed out. He didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye before being carried back home by Fan Yuan.

As the date for college enrollment drew near, Fan Yuan and Gu Yang also began packing up and preparing to go to the city where the university was located.

Gu Yang ran up and down the stairs, digging out everything he could think of to take with him.

Fan Yuan had long understood Gu Yang’s temperament, so he let him do as he pleased. Whatever Gu Yang brought down, whether it was useful or not, Fan Yuan would organize it and wait for the logistics to come and transport everything together.

In the end, Gu Yang pulled Fan Yuan to the end of the second-floor corridor to a large iron door. He first tiptoed to kiss Fan Yuan, then held Fan Yuan’s hand to unlock the fingerprint lock of the large iron door and walked inside.

Inside the large iron door, there were paintings hanging on the walls that extended beyond the line of sight. Most of them were paintings of Gu Yang drawn by Fan Yuan, while a few were “unrecognizable” paintings drawn by Gu Yang.

Gu Yang walked along each painting, seeming to want to take them with him, yet feeling a bit reluctant, afraid that something might happen during transportation.

Fan Yuan leaned against the door, watching Gu Yang almost hugging the wall and walking in circles, his gaze also falling on those paintings. With each painting, it seemed that he could envision the scene at that time.

Gu Yang walked along the wall, his fingertips gliding over it, suddenly halting.

His fingertips sensed an unevenness on the wall, which the naked eye couldn’t easily distinguish, but his fingers could feel it.

Gu Yang followed the uneven gap up and down, confirming that there was a hidden door here.

He slowly turned back, and Fan Yuan, who was leaning against the door, was watching him.

The cage inside the large iron door was quite spacious, with a delicate large birdcage occupying a large part of the space. Gu Yang and Fan Yuan faced each other across the golden railing.