Chapter 56

At this moment, time seemed to stretch out infinitely, every minute and every second becoming unbearably long.

The cold porcelain tiles were against Gu Yang’s back, while the warmth belonged to Fan Yuan in front of him. His gaze fell on his own hand, which was resting at his side, where the number 35 was flashing. His heart was beating so fast that it was almost at its limit.

Suddenly, his good impression score, which had not increased for a while, rose by five points. This had never happened before.

After finishing the 18 strokes, Fan Yuan looked up and saw Gu Yang’s vacant expression.

It was the moment when Gu Yang was most moved. Unable to resist, he leaned in and his gaze fell gently on Fan Yuan’s lips.

He approached Fan Yuan slowly, and due to his excessive nervousness, his lips were trembling slightly. They were about to kiss when Fan Yuan suddenly turned around, released Gu Yang from his embrace, and locked the bathroom door behind him.

Gu Yang’s legs went weak, and he almost lost his balance. He leaned against the wall, trying to turn the doorknob, but found that the door was already locked.

“Fan Yuan?” Gu Yang knocked on the door, but there was no response. Instead, he heard the sound of running water from inside.

After a while, the bathroom door opened a crack, and Fan Yuan’s wet hand reached out, offering a small mirror that Gu Yang had forgotten inside.

Gu Yang took the mirror in a daze, and Fan Yuan pulled his hand back before closing the door. He said before he did so, “You go to bed first.”

Gu Yang took the magic mirror, and his fingertips touched Fan Yuan’s fingertips, which were cool as ice. Fan Yuan had taken a cold shower!

He took the magic mirror and crawled back into bed. The feeling of Fan Yuan still lingered in his heart.

Gu Yang stared foolishly at the affection level on his left palm and touched his lips with a hint of regret.

“Magic mirror, oh magic mirror, why is Fan Yuan’s mouth so stubborn? Why can he write it out in this way… yet he doesn’t even want to say the word ‘like’ himself…”

The sound of water seemed to come from the magic mirror, but it disappeared in an instant.

Gu Yang leaned closer to listen and thought he had misheard.

He bent his finger and tapped the black misty surface of the magic mirror, murmuring to himself and asking repeatedly.

“Magic mirror, oh magic mirror, I think Fan Yuan’s mouth is stubborn, the kind of person who is tough on the outside but soft on the inside, what do you think?”

The magic mirror seemed impatient, and a black light flashed across the surface of the mirror. Finally, it answered Gu Yang, but its voice had become somewhat hollow, and there was no sound of water.

“Isn’t it clear to you whether Fan Yuan’s mouth is stubborn or not?”

Gu Yang stopped breathing for a moment. He looked at himself in the mirror, surrounded by black mist, and blinked slowly. He suddenly turned the magic mirror upside down and stuffed it into the blanket.

“What kind of unscrupulous magic mirror are you! What, what are you talking about! Fan Yuan’s mouth is stubborn or not… how would I know…”

The muffled voice of the magic mirror came from under the blanket:

“Don’t you know better than anyone else?”

Gu Yang lifted the blanket and took out the magic mirror, knocking on the surface of the mirror several times.