Chapter 85

Zhuo Wan’s spirits visibly improved. Although she couldn’t completely shake off the fact of her grandfather’s passing for the time being, at least her life had returned to normal. She walked with renewed vigor and enthusiasm.

Fan Yuan’s mixed chuunibyou setting also came to a smooth end. Thanks to his condition as a perverted Dark King, Gu Yang often had to let some blood out, but he never suffered any substantial harm.

However, if there was a real danger of harming Gu Yang, Fan Yuan would never willingly consume a drop of his blood.

The long journey through “The Little Match Girl” fairy tale with its plot twist finally came to an end. Gu Yang was about to embark on his next random fairy tale adventure.

The current Gu Yang was no longer comparable to the Gu Yang of the past. After experiencing so many miraculous plot twists, Gu Yang felt that he would no longer be surprised by any strange fairy tale adventure that laid ahead.

So, at night, Gu Yang snuggled in Fan Yuan’s embrace, watching the rolling frames on his left palm, feeling relaxed.

His relaxation was perhaps also due to Fan Yuan. Gu Yang had a hunch that Fan Yuan had already figured him out but was simply waiting for him to clarify things on his own.

Just like now, as he laid in Fan Yuan’s arms, Fan Yuan’s hand played with Gu Yang’s hair rhythmically. Fan Yuan was not asleep, but he didn’t disturb Gu Yang, silently giving him time.

Fan Yuan probably estimated the timing of Gu Yang’s next adventure, and now the former Fan Yuan, who used to pretend to sleep to prevent Gu Yang from panicking, didn’t bother pretending anymore. He simply held Gu Yang quietly, waiting for any strange changes to occur in Gu Yang.

Fan Yuan’s attitude actually made Gu Yang more and more reassured.

It was as if even if the sky were to fall, Fan Yuan would always be there by his side.

Finally, the flickering frames of the random selection box of the gold finger came to a stop, revealing the title of a very long fairy tale—”The Marriage of Mrs. Fox.”

This was not a fairy tale that Gu Yang was familiar with. He thought about it and decided to look it up on his phone, but as soon as he turned around, he locked eyes with Fan Yuan’s dark gaze.

The bedroom was dimly lit with low visibility, yet Gu Yang could still see Fan Yuan’s eyes at once.

Fan Yuan turned around and switched on the bedside lamp, silently handing his phone to Gu Yang.

Gu Yang took it, feeling inexplicably guilty. He had intended to sneakily search for information, but seeing Fan Yuan’s open attitude, he decided not to hide anything. He turned around, leaning his back against Fan Yuan’s chest, and began searching for relevant information about “The Marriage of Mrs. Fox” on his phone.

“The Marriage of Mrs. Fox” was a fairy tale from the collection “Grimm’s Fairy Tales.” It told the story of a cunning old fox with nine tails who pretended to be dead to test his wife. After his wife accepted a marriage proposal from a young fox who also had nine tails, the old fox got angry and drove them all away, only to end up truly dying. In the end, his wife married a young fox who resembled the old fox but had only one tail.

Gu Yang was a bit confused when he first read it, but on the second read, he grasped the key points.

When the old fox played dead, his wife accepted a marriage proposal from a young fox who also had nine tails and was subsequently chased away by the old fox when he jumped up in anger.

However, after that, the old fox really died, and it was only then that his wife truly married a young fox who resembled the old fox but had only one tail.