Chapter 57

The two of them went to another hair salon, and this time there were no accidents. Fan Yuan’s hair was cut smoothly, just as he always liked it, short and neat.

Afterwards, they still had time for dinner and a movie in the evening. When they entered the cinema, Gu Yang quickly forgot about the punishment that Fan Yuan had mentioned earlier and eagerly chose the latest popular horror movie.

This horror movie was said to be particularly scary, and many horror fans who had come to watch it said they were frightened.

When they were selecting seats, Gu Yang, with a proud and confident look, faced the strange eyes of the ticket seller and chose the back row couple seats. He took Fan Yuan’s hand and explained, “The back seats are higher, with a better view, and quieter.”

Fan Yuan picked up two large cups of coke and popcorn that Gu Yang had ordered, but he just looked at him without saying a word.

Gu Yang immediately took some of the popcorn and proudly followed Fan Yuan to their seats, squeezing himself tightly beside Fan Yuan on the large red seats with no armrest in the middle. He put the coke on the armrests on both sides, and then took the popcorn from Fan Yuan’s lap.

Fan Yuan was not interested in sweet things, so he just stuffed the other bag of popcorn into Gu Yang’s lap.

Gu Yang held two large bags of popcorn, took off his hat, and unbuttoned his coat after the lights were turned off. He then leaned comfortably against Fan Yuan, eating popcorn and watching the movie.

The beginning atmosphere of a horror movie was very oppressive, with eerie music and gloomy atmosphere. At this moment, Gu Yang didn’t feel scared yet. He took a bite of popcorn and handed a few pieces to Fan Yuan’s mouth. Fan Yuan dodged a few times, but ultimately Gu Yang managed to stuff some popcorn into his mouth.

When Fan Yuan started eating, Gu Yang squinted his eyes and started eating popcorn one piece at a time. As the movie’s plot became more intense, Gu Yang became completely absorbed in it. His movements with the popcorn slowed down, and he occasionally reached into the bag out of nervousness, even though he didn’t actually grab anything. Unaware of this, he still reached over to Fan Yuan’s mouth.

After the third time that Gu Yang tried to put his fingers into Fan Yuan’s mouth, Fan Yuan grabbed his hand and told him to stop moving around. At this moment, the movie was playing the scene where the female protagonist was sleeping and her hand was grabbed by a ghostly hand that suddenly appeared in the middle of the night. Fan Yuan grabbed Gu Yang’s hand just as this scene played out.

Gu Yang was so scared that he almost jumped up, causing the popcorn bag to tilt. Fan Yuan caught it just in time, and Gu Yang turned around to hug him tightly. He pressed his chin against Fan Yuan’s head and hugged him tightly, squishing the popcorn bag between them.

Fan Yuan’s face was pressed against Gu Yang’s chest. He tried to move but could only take a deep breath and turn his head to the side. Gu Yang was completely absorbed in the movie, and holding Fan Yuan in his arms made him feel less scared.

Fan Yuan originally wanted to break free from Gu Yang’s embrace, but after feeling Gu Yang’s slight trembling, he lifted his hand and patted Gu Yang’s back instead. As the movie progressed into the second half, Gu Yang was clearly terrified but curious about how the movie would end. He hid his face in Fan Yuan’s shoulder and occasionally lifted his head to take a peek.

At this moment, Gu Yang couldn’t help but take a few sips of the Coke beside him until the end of the movie when the female lead finally defeated the ghosts and looked contentedly out the window. Gu Yang finally breathed a sigh of relief.