Chapter 84

The atmosphere in the class was somewhat strange. Zhuo Wan didn’t come to class in the morning. It was said that she took half a day off due to her grandfather’s passing. Without the usually bustling Zhuo Wan, it felt like something was missing in the class.

It was a busy time for the seniors, and with Zhuo Wan absent, Fan Yuan, the class monitor, supervised the morning self-study.

Everyone was busy focusing on their practice exercises, including Fan Yuan and Gu Yang, so it didn’t come as a surprise.

The strange atmosphere in the class wasn’t just because Zhuo Wan was absent, but also because of the post Fan Yuan shared on social media.

It was during the end of the morning self-study when Gu Yang was about to drift off d that he took out his phone and saw the post on his timeline.

He read it expressionlessly, closed his phone expressionlessly, tossed it into his desk, wiped his face, and pretended not to know.

Fan Yuan, who was clearly doing his exercises, seemed to have eyes on the side of his head. He grabbed Gu Yang’s phone from the desk and handed it back to him.

Although it was Gu Yang’s phone, Fan Yuan skillfully unlocked it, opened WeChat, found the post he had shared, and gave it a big like.

Gu Yang saw it all and twitched his mouth.

Fan Yuan pushed the phone back to Gu Yang’s desk and asked him, “Why didn’t you like it when you saw it?”

Gu Yang knew he couldn’t confront Fan Yuan directly right now, so he simply leaned on the desk, pressed the phone against his arm, and pleaded with Fan Yuan in a soft tone, “I’m sorry.”

Fan Yuan reached out and ruffled Gu Yang’s hair, easily appeasing him. He turned around and flipped open his timing book, writing down three large digits on a new page:

Gu Yang was puzzled and grabbed Fan Yuan’s wrist, asking, “Did I answer a question incorrectly? Why did you add ten minutes?”

Fan Yuan paused for a moment and explained very seriously, “You didn’t like the post voluntarily.”

Gu Yang didn’t quite understand. “Does that count?”

Fan Yuan unyieldingly placed the timing book squarely in the middle of their desks. “It counts.”

Gu Yang admitted defeat and decided not to argue with Fan Yuan. From under the desk, Fan Yuan reached out and used his left hand to cross over Gu Yang’s leg, holding Gu Yang’s left hand. Gu Yang twitched but let Fan Yuan hold it.

The Chinese class in the morning was rescheduled for the afternoon. The results of today’s mock exam had already been released, but due to Zhuo Wan’s absence, their class’s results were delayed until the afternoon to be announced.

Although the result announcement was delayed, it was no surprise that Fan Yuan remained the top student in the grade, and didn’t need Zhuo Wan to personally announce it. By the end of the second class in the morning, most of the students in the class already knew.

Gu Yang felt no surprise about Fan Yuan’s performance. He was more eager to see his own results. He had a hunch that his performance this time wouldn’t be bad.

During the lunch break, most of the students in Class 1 of the senior year chose to stay in the classroom and have some instant food. Gu Yang and Fan Yuan got up together, planning to go to the cafeteria, or at least Gu Yang thought they were going there.

To his surprise, when they reached the cafeteria and ordered their food, Fan Yuan told the cafeteria aunt to pack it.

Gu Yang was puzzled. “Are we taking it back to eat?”