Chapter 54

Gu Yang entered the bathroom briskly and placed a small mirror on the side before turning on the hot water to take a shower.

“Mirror, mirror on the wall, tell me, is Fan Yuan becoming more and more childish?”

With the sound of rushing water in the background, Gu Yang’s voice transmitted to Fan Yuan through the magic mirror. Fan Yuan picked up the small mirror around his neck and looked at it, only seeing a blurry figure under the misty white vapor. He immediately put the mirror down and didn’t answer Gu Yang’s question.

Not getting a response from the mirror, Gu Yang wiped the water vapor off the surface and knocked on it with a curved finger, “Mirror, mirror? Quickly answer my question! Is Fan Yuan becoming more and more childish? Is it related to him shrinking during the day? It doesn’t matter, just tell me. It’s just you and me here.”

A flash of light passed over the mirror’s surface, and a cold reply came through, “No.”

Gu Yang grinned, “See, I was right. He’s competing with me like a child, isn’t he childish? Fan Yuan is just stubborn. You’re pretty stubborn too, mirror.”

After placing the small mirror aside again, Gu Yang continued to shower merrily and occasionally hummed some strange songs.

Outside the bathroom, Fan Yuan laid on the large bed, listening to the clear sound of water and soft melody coming from the small mirror around his neck, and closed his dark eyes.

When Gu Yang finished his shower and came out, he saw Fan Yuan get up from the bed and stride past him into the bathroom.

“What are you doing? Didn’t you just finish showering?”

Gu Yang and Fan Yuan passed each other closely, both of their body temperatures high.

The bathroom door closed behind Gu Yang, and Fan Yuan’s muffled voice came through, “I have a stomachache.”

Gu Yang walked towards the bed, using a towel to dry his messy long hair.

As he walked, he reminisce about what they had eaten that day. It seemed like nothing they had eaten could have upset their stomachs. So why did Fan Yuan suddenly experience stomach pain?

After a while in the bathroom, Fan Yuan still hadn’t come out. Soon, the sound of water could be heard from inside.

Gu Yang walked up to the bathroom door and knocked, “Fan Yuan, are you okay?”

The sound of water stopped briefly, and then Fan Yuan’s chilly voice came through, “I’m fine. Dry your hair and go to bed first.”

The sound of water resumed, and Gu Yang finally relaxed. But instead of drying his hair, he went downstairs.

While Fan Yuan was in the bathroom, Gu Yang immediately went to the fridge and pulled out a few small cakes. He sat on the couch in the living room, turned on the TV, and started eating while watching a comedy show.

It was winter break, and many variety shows had started airing. Gu Yang picked a funny one, turned up the volume, and began to watch and laugh.

“Dong Dong -“

Suddenly, knocking on the door sounded, but Gu Yang didn’t hear it at first because of the noise from the TV.

“Dong Dong -“

“Dong Dong -“

The knocking became more urgent, and Gu Yang finally noticed the sound. He quickly turned down the volume on the TV and listened carefully.

“Dong Dong -“

It was indeed knocking on the door, coming from the front entrance on the first floor.