Chapter 89

Despite Fan Yuan and Gu Yang being the ones punished, the classmates of Class 1 felt like they were the ones suffering during that Chinese class.

Fan Yuan and Gu Yang were both very noticeable individuals. They could be recognized at a glance among the crowd, not to mention now when one was standing in front of the classroom and the other was standing at the back. The special atmosphere that emerged whenever their eyes met intermittently gave the students of Class 1 a mouthful of dog food.

When the bell for the first class rang, Fan Yuan and Gu Yang didn’t think much of it, but there were a few inexplicable sighs coming from various corners of the classroom.

The torment of being forcibly fed dog food had finally ended, and a few students who were eager to be in love banged their heads on the desks.

Zhuo Wan didn’t extend the class and directly left, her high heels clacking as she walked away.

Fan Yuan and Gu Yang both made their way back to their seats. Gu Yang, being closer, returned to his seat first and immediately slumped onto the desk, hiding behind a tall stack of books.

Fan Yuan, who had been standing in front of the classroom by the blackboard, also slowly made his way back to his seat.

Although his walking speed hadn’t changed, the classmates who passed by Fan Yuan inexplicably felt that their class monitor, Fan Yuan, seemed a little impatient.

When Fan Yuan reached his desk, he immediately saw Gu Yang slumped over the desk.

Gu Yang buried his cheeks in his arms, and as soon as his eyes met Fan Yuan’s, he immediately smiled.

His slender fingertips resting on his arm lifted slightly, seemingly carrying a certain unknown longing, then hesitantly retracted, obediently returning to their place on his arm.

Fan Yuan slowly sat back in his seat, imitating Gu Yang and slumping over the desk, only revealing his eyes as he made eye contact with Gu Yang.

The two of them silently stared at each other during the noisy break, their eyes only filled with each other. Though not a single word was spoken, it felt as if they had already communicated thousands of words through their eyes.

It wasn’t until the bell for the next class rang that Fan Yuan straightened his body and, as he stood up, reached out to ruffle Gu Yang’s hair, messily tousling the neat strands of hair on Gu Yang’s head.

Gu Yang sluggishly sat up straight, opened the test paper for the next class, and lowered his head to look at the exercises. He felt that these exercises had become much lovelier.

He had thought that the conflicts would escalate and explode further, but they had already dissipated without a trace, leaving Gu Yang completely free of the bitterness, frustration, and worry that had been in his heart for the past few days.

Now, in Gu Yang’s heart, there was only the sweetness overflowing from Fan Yuan’s presence, sweeter than any candy in the world.

Just ten minutes into the second class, the corridor outside the classroom suddenly filled with the angry voice of a woman, accompanied by the sound of things being thrown to the ground.

The noise grew louder, and the insults being hurled became increasingly vulgar, eventually interrupting the ongoing class.

After a while, the commotion finally moved away. At this moment, Zhuo Wan pushed open the classroom door and stood at the entrance, her expression serious as she beckoned to Gu Yang.

“Gu Yang, come with me.”

Gu Yang’s hand was still holding the tip of Fan Yuan’s fox tail under the desk. When he saw Zhuo Wan calling him, he hesitated for a moment and then gave the fluffy, soft fox tail a couple of reluctant squeezes before standing up and walking out.