Chapter 79

The classroom during lunch break wasn’t particularly quiet, but after Fan Yuan laid on Gu Yang’s lap, all the noise and commotion disappeared from Gu Yang’s ears.

He covered Fan Yuan’s ears with his hands and simply watched Fan Yuan sleep, feeling calm and peaceful in his heart.

It was as if he could watch Fan Yuan sleep for a long time just like this.

Fan Yuan was wearing his school uniform and lying on Gu Yang’s lap. The line from his shoulders to his spine had gradually become broad like that of an adult. Gu Yang suddenly felt grateful for the mysterious little book that had appeared in his left palm, the strange golden finger, the original Gu Yang, and even the author of “Fan Yuan”.

Thanks for everything, for giving him a chance to live again, and for the magical little book that led him to meet Fan Yuan and grow together with him in a new youth.

The little sparrows outside the window, who had collectively jumped and flown away, had returned. One by one, they stood on the windowsill, unwilling, with their little heads pressed tightly against the glass, their black bean eyes full of resentment as they looked at Gu Yang inside.

Gu Yang’s entire attention was on Fan Yuan at the moment. Even if the little sparrows were cute and full of resentment, they couldn’t get his attention.

Fan Yuan gently moved the hand around Gu Yang’s waist, raising it slightly behind Gu Yang’s back where he couldn’t see, and raised a middle finger towards the outside window.
Ezoic

The row of little sparrows all looked at Fan Yuan’s raised middle finger and whispered to each other:

“What does this gesture mean?”

“I know the answer! It seems that humans make this gesture when they are…”

“Swearing at someone!”

“He’s swearing at us!”

“Ah! He’s actually swearing at us!”

The little sparrows were stimulated and started to peck at the window with their sharp beaks one after another, making a commotion. Even other students’ attention was drawn to the scene outside the window, surprised to find a row of little sparrows standing there.

Gu Yang listened to the gradually increasing noise outside the window and frowned, feeling a bit oppressed.

The little sparrows were intimidated by Gu Yang’s gaze and their little heads shrank one after another, squatting down into plump little balls, motionless. They continued to look at Fan Yuan, who was lying on Gu Yang’s legs, with their little black bean eyes full of resentment.

One of the little sparrows couldn’t help but complain in a small voice: “How can the king value this demon queen so much?”

Before it could finish its sentence, another little sparrow pecked it on the head: “Shame on you! What demon queen? We don’t recognize him as the queen! He’s just a demon consort!”

Fan Yuan, who was lying on Gu Yang’s legs, seemed to be annoyed by the little sparrows’ noise. He moved slightly, and Gu Yang immediately glared outside the window and waved his hand, clearly indicating that he wanted the little sparrows to go away.

The little sparrows were heartbroken and flew away one by one, flapping their wings.

Only then did Fan Yuan settle down again. He tightly embraced Gu Yang’s waist with one hand and held Gu Yang’s other hand with the other, continuing to nap.

It wasn’t until the end of the nap time, when students were returning from lunch, that Gu Yang gently pinched Fan Yuan’s ear and whispered to him:

“Fan Yuan, it’s time for class.”