Chapter 96

The cost of soaking in the hot spring was that Gu Yang was dragged out of bed by Fan Yuan before 4:30 in the morning. After only a few hours of sleep together, Gu Yang felt groggy and leaned softly in Fan Yuan’s arms.

Gu Yang used his messy hair to rub against Fan Yuan’s chin, and his fingertips followed suit, touching Fan Yuan’s chin.

After a night had passed, stubble had grown on Fan Yuan’s chin, making it prickly to the touch.

After touching Fan Yuan’s stubble, Gu Yang then touched his own chin, which was clean and smooth, without any facial hair.

Feeling a bit down, Gu Yang let his hand droop and muttered softly, “Why don’t I grow a beard no matter how long I wait?”

Hearing this, Fan Yuan lowered his head and kissed Gu Yang’s clean-shaven chin. “You’re fine just the way you are.”

Upon hearing Fan Yuan’s praise, Gu Yang decided not to worry about it anymore. If he didn’t grow a beard, it would save him some trouble.

Surprisingly, unlike the two students, the driver seemed energetic and had been waiting in the car.

Gu Yang practically crawled into the back seat and slumped inside, lowering the partition with his hand.

The driver had originally wanted to compliment them on last night’s hot spring experience, but when he saw the partition rise again, he sighed with a sense of loss.

Gu Yang had no idea what the driver was thinking. Once Fan Yuan got in, he immediately leaned against him, sticking to him like a sticky rice cake, a milk-flavored one. When peeled away the outer coat, the inside was milky white.

Fan Yuan peeled away the outer layer of the “sticky rice cake” and placed his hands directly on it.

Gu Yang quivered, and his limbs lazily stretched out as he slumped in Fan Yuan’s arms, drowsy.

Fan Yuan also lowered his head, leaning against the “sticky rice cake” in his arms and closing his eyes.

“Sleep, we still have a long way to go before we reach the school.”

Gu Yang hummed and mumbled something incoherent, but quickly fell back asleep.

The early morning sky was tinged with a leaden color, and it wasn’t until almost six o’clock that it completely brightened up.

The morning light seeped into the car window, shining on Gu Yang’s eyes, causing him to furrow his brows. In the next moment, Fan Yuan wrapped him in a coat.

Fan Yuan gently stroked Gu Yang’s back, and his ice-cold fingertips lightly pinched Gu Yang’s earlobe. Gu Yang seemed to wake up slightly, but then peacefully drifted back to sleep.

The journey was long, and by the time they reached the school gate, it was already bustling with activity.

Gu Yang was still snuggled in Fan Yuan’s arms, sound asleep. Fan Yuan gently brushed Gu Yang’s eyelashes, wanting to wake him up. However, he suddenly stopped and thought of something.

He adjusted Gu Yang’s clothes, took off his coat, wrapped Gu Yang in it, and then carried him out of the car. He walked directly through the sports field towards the teaching building.

Groups of students coming to school together saw the school’s male god, Fan Yuan, carrying someone to school. There was no need to guess who he was carrying.

Among the students, there were some who looked on with envy, whispering to each other:

“Wow, that’s so nice! I also want a boyfriend to carry me to school.”