Chapter 86

Gu Yang had already started to feel fortunate that he had also put on a long windbreaker similar in style to Fan Yuan’s. Although it was March and not very cold, there was a big hole poked in his underwear, so walking still felt quite chilly, unlike Fan Yuan who had a large tail behind him, blocking the cool breeze.

Both Fan Yuan and Gu Yang were not short in stature, and the windbreaker looked fine on them. The weather was suitable for wearing windbreakers, so their clothing didn’t attract much attention.

During morning self-study, Zhuo Wan walked to their table with her arms crossed, staring at the hat that Fan Yuan hadn’t taken off from his head.

In the past, Zhuo Wan was a good socialist youth and didn’t think much, so when Gu Yang wore a hat to class, he explained that his head was injured and couldn’t be exposed to the wind, and Zhuo Wan believed him.

But now, Zhuo Wan seemed to be thinking more.

The young fox version of Fan Yuan was much gentler than usual, although Gu Yang felt that the gentleness looked like it was accompanied by a knife.

But when Fan Yuan smiled, it was still intimidating. He smiled at Zhuo Wan and pointed to his head, saying, “Sorry, Teacher Zhuo, I injured my head.”

Zhuo Wan forced a smile and twitched the corner of her mouth, “Did you hit your head on a tree?”

Fan Yuan nodded without changing his expression, not bothering to come up with a better reason.

But it seemed that Zhuo Wan had no intention of making things difficult for them. She turned around, walking away in her high heels.

She vaguely knew that Fan Yuan and Gu Yang must have something different from ordinary people, and she couldn’t do much for these two children. She could only turn a blind eye.

Gu Yang breathed a sigh of relief when Zhuo Wan returned to the podium.

Before he could fully exhale, he felt something furry crawling slowly onto his leg and gently patting it.

Gu Yang didn’t look down but turned his head to look at Fan Yuan.

Fan Yuan was propping his chin and quietly watching him. Despite the calm self-study atmosphere, he hadn’t even opened his textbook. He just blatantly stared at Gu Yang.

Resting on Gu Yang’s leg was the fox tail that Fan Yuan extended from behind.

This fox tail was large and had thick fur. Its pointed tip lightly tapped Gu Yang’s leg without stopping.

Gu Yang met Fan Yuan’s gaze and immediately surrendered, lowering his head and looking at the big fox tail resting on his leg. Unable to resist, he reached out and touched it.

Who could resist touching such a furry thing?

Seemingly predicting that Gu Yang couldn’t resist, as his hand reached to touch it, the tail immediately wrapped around Gu Yang’s wrist. The pointed tip followed along the inner side of his wrist and slipped into his sleeve.

The fluffy touch traveled all the way up, causing a tingling sensation throughout Gu Yang’s body. He quickly pulled his hand back, but luckily, Fan Yuan didn’t tighten his grip. He obediently released the tail, which still lightly rested on Gu Yang’s leg, and the pointed tip gently patted Gu Yang’s knee.

“Let’s study.”

Fan Yuan sat up straight this time, took out the exercise book, and marked the key question types for Gu Yang. The two of them began their busy study session.

On the podium, Zhuo Wan snapped and broke another piece of chalk. There was already a small pile of chalk stubs next to her lesson plan. If Fan Yuan and Gu Yang continued to dawdle, she might start throwing those chalk stubs at them one by one.