41.- You Remind Me Of A Friend

Y/N's P.O.V:

(A/N: Back at it with my quidditch 😅)

The match against Hufflepuff was approaching, AGAIN. I knew we could beat them so I wasn't worried, but Oliver had other ideas. He kept showing up at random places and telling me about strategies every five minutes, and I was growing tired of it. I got that he needed us to win, but there was no need to be bossy.

One week before the match Oliver finally came to have breakfast with us (we had been kicking him out for being to bossy). "Hey Wood" He kissed my cheek and sat down next to me. "Hey" I looked over to the rest of the group, they had approving looks on their faces. We were probably thinking the same thing: he finally stopped talking about quidditch. "Shouldn't you be at practice?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Excuse me?" He served himself some food. "Well the game is a week away-" We all groaned. "Wood. Shut up" He acted as if he hadn't said anything wrong, but he knew. "What?" I cupped his cheeks and made him look at me. "Look. It's nice how you want us to win and I get that you NEED us to win too-" "I don't need-" I slapped my hand over his mouth. "I talk you listen, yes?" He reluctantly nodded, I nodded back and retracted my hand. "As I was saying. It's sweet, really. But I don't need your help-" "But I have some-" I rolled my eyes. "Wood" He sighed. "You talk, I listen" I nodded as he looked sadly at the floor. "Thanks. Now those tactics work for your team, but I have tactics that work for my team. Got it?" He nodded sadly. "If you're so desperate I can go talk to Davies and spend the breakfast there" I stood up to leave but he grabbed my wrist. "I'm sorry" I nodded satisfied and sat back down, kissing his cheek. "It's fine" The rest of the group sighed. "I swear L/N, you're the only one that can manage him" I chuckled and intertwined our fingers, he had a small smile on his face. "He's not that hard" Angelina scoffed. "You're only saying that because he's your boyfriend" I chuckled. "True" Oliver rolled his eyes as we all laughed, a distant bell rang. "Time for schoolwork AGAIN" I chuckled as we all stood up ready to leave. Oliver gave my hand one last squeeze before running off, I decided to walk with Angelina. "What classes do you have?" She sighed. "Divination. You?" "Defence against the dark arts" She sighed. "I wish I had that class, Lupin is a great teacher" I nodded. "He really is" She sighed once more. "I should be leaving. See ya at lunch L/N" I waved her off and continued my course towards DADA. (A/N/ Am I the only one that imagines a toddler calling its father when I read that? No? Just me? Great 😅😂🤣 I'm trying this new thing of using this type for the A/N across the story. Whatcha guys think?)

I met up with Oliver again in the classroom while we waited for Lupin. "Why did you leave?" He sighed. "I thought you were angry" I chuckled. "I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh. But in my defence it was the truth" He chuckled. "It's fine" He kissed my temple just as Lupin entered the classroom. "Hello students" "Good morning Professor Lupin" He nodded satisfied as he leaned against his desk. "I was thinking we continue with our patronus studies" I groaned quietly, Oliver chuckled and kissed the top of my head as I leaned against his shoulder. "You know the drill. Begin" I sighed and pulled myself away from Oliver, and back to my little corner. He gave me a teasing smile as I rolled my eyes.

I closed my eyes once more and skimmed through my memories. And after lots of failed ones I went to the last one I could think of. The time I was just gossiping with my mom in the kitchen, I wouldn't admit it out loud but it was one of those moments that made me happy, even if she kept teasing me with Oliver. That's when I heard gasps. "Excellent job L/N!" I peeked and noticed there was a blue ball floating again. I smiled widely as it disappeared. "Now that's the first step to a patronus. You might need to think a bit happier to achieve a full corporal patronus but this is a good start"  I nodded happily and seconds later more gasps were heard. I turned to see Alice with the same blue ball in front of her. "Excellent work as well miss Puckett!" I scowled as she smirked. Out of all people Alice had to be the one to accomplish it too. "Back to your spots everyone" Some groaned but either way went back to their spots.