82.- Goodbye To The Lives We Had

Y/N's P.O.V:

Teddy aka the baby in the household grew on me throughout the weeks we spent with Tonks and Lupin. Sure it wasn't fun when he'd wake up wailing in the middle of the night. Or when he'd get fuzzy after not having his daily nap. Or when he'd stink up the entire cabin after farting. But it sure was adorable when he'd change his hair colour to mine and would insist on being cradled by me. Or when he'd start booping my nose and then giggling like a mad baby, he even fell asleep on me once. It almost made me want a kid of my own, key word: almost.

My daily puking routine hadn't stopped, it had gotten better, but didn't stop. It even made me crave weird things like bacon with mayo  (A/N: I honestly don't know if that's even a weird combo 😂 I just know I hate mayo with a burning passion and if I could exterminate mayo from existence. I would no questions asked 😌) not one of my finest moments. Tonks insisted she had similar symptoms when she was pregnant with Teddy and even had the audacity of saying I was too. It's not like Oliver and I had had participated in a sexual intercourse in the past months..... Okay maybe we did, but we used lots of protection. What are the odds that it would all fail and there was a baby growing inside of me? None. Zero (A/N: That's English right? Idfk I'm tired 😂). Nada. Or at least that's what I kept repeating in my mind, I did not need more problems or issues on my plate, especially after that dreaded afternoon where Lupin stormed through the doors after receiving a patronus message.

"Y/N!" I was in that moment chilling on the couch playing poker against Tonks while Oliver played peek-a-boo with Teddy who kept giggling as background noise to our intense match. "Shush Lupin, I'm about to win against your wife" Tonks snorted, quickly glancing at her cards and cringing, she thought I didn't notice, but I did. "You wish Y/N. My poker skills are too good for you" I rolled my eyes, she kept trying to get under my skin, it wasn't working at all. "You have shit cards Tonks, you keep cringing every time you look down at them" Lupin seemingly got more impatient as our banter keep going, until he finally snapped and slammed his hands against the table we were playing on, grabbing the attention of Oliver and Teddy as well. "It's happening" I didn't need further context as towards what was going on. I immediately bolted towards the door, grabbing my coat from the rack, totally forgetting about the poker game that I definitely had the upper hand in.

Oliver carefully handed Teddy to Tonks while Lupin went over to say goodbye. In case he didn't come back, I didn't even want to imagine poor Teddy's life without Lupin. Oliver made his way towards me and immediately pulled me in a hug, squishing me so hard he might've left me breathless, literally. "Promise me you'll try to be careful. Don't go diving into stupid battles" I chuckled, a fake one, but someone had to break all the tension in the room. "Shame. I was going to go and fight the entire army on my own" All I managed to get out of him was a small smile as he cupped my cheek, softly caressing it with his thumb. "I love you" "Love you too" His lips barely had a chance to brush against mine before Lupin ushered me outside and out of Oliver's grasp. Once you go out into battle you're not supposed to look back, but I did. I looked back at a helpless Oliver against the doorframe, a nearly crying Tonks straddling her innocent son on her hip. I really hoped we made it back.

"In case I don't get to say this again, Y/N, it was a pleasure to be your teacher and watch you grow into the amazing woman you have become" I had to fight back my emotions, there was already so much sorrow surrounding us. We didn't need more. "It was a pleasure watching you get old as well Lupin" He laughed, the smile I had become so used to seeing in the past weeks when he played with Teddy. "If anything happens to me, promise me you'll take care of Teddy and Tonks" That wasn't even a question, even if he hadn't asked me I would've definitely adopted them as part of my family, even though I technically already had. "Of course" He nodded and waved his wand, I grabbed onto his forearm. There we went into battle, without knowing what awaited us or if we'd even come back. (A/N: Omggggg murder fest Harry Potter edition is coming!!! 🥳🥳🥳 82 chapters but I can finally murder and make ppl cry woooo 🥳🥳)