65.- Order Of The Phoenix

Y/N's P.O.V:

Even with all the time that passed, I still didn't feel better. It felt like a hole inside me that just casually existed there. I didn't feel like crying, or punching or cursing anyone. I just felt empty...like I could've done more, I could've been better with him. We weren't close and that's the truth, but just the fact that I knew him and once upon a time he trusted me changed everything. So I turned into a smiling person who hid the hole in them, and I truly didn't know how to fix it.

My mum was a few months away from being able to retire with full payment, so she kept working as much as she possibly could so I didn't have to sustain her, if that isn't an independent woman I don't know what is. I tried burring myself in my work, but I didn't want to overwork myself either, which left me being alone in the weekends, excluding the occasional visits from Oliver.

That special weekend rain poured around the place, probably reflecting my mood. I had been staring at the same wall for over an hour when the sound of the doorbell brought me out of my thoughts. No one was crazy enough to be outside in this weather, unless it was someone with a special artifact that could dry you in seconds. My first guess was Charlie (not Weasley), second guess Oliver and third guess my mum. It was none of them. Instead it was Dumbledore, he was as calm as ever. "Hello Miss L/N. May I come in?" I nodded, stepping aside to let him in. "You have a lovely home" "Thank you Professor. May I ask, what exactly are you doing here?" He smiled and sat down gracefully on the couch, patting the cushion next to him, indicating where I should sit, I listened.

"I have a proposition for you Miss L/N. But first, do you have a cup of tea of some sorts? It was awfully chilly outside" I nodded and waved my wand. Cups flew out from the cupboards along with a teakettle that filled itself with water. The tea started boiling and I flew the cups over to us. Dumbledore grabbed it mid air. "Thank you miss L/N" He took a few sips, the only noise being that of rain falling outside. "You may have already been informed or had your suspicions, but it appears Voldemort is back" I did have to give Dumbledore credit, he was the only one that wasn't scared of using You-Know-Who's actual name. "I did have my suspicions. But how did it happen?" He sighed. "Some gruesome ancient potion involving blood, flesh and bones" I shuddered at the thought of the looks and smell of that potion. It didn't seem pleasant at all. "But that is not important right now, what's important is what are the repercussions of his revival" I took a sip out of my own (A/N: Am I the only one that visualizes own as owo but with a wink? 😂) tea. "What do you mean?" He put the cup down. "Death eaters have been getting more reckless, crime has risen in the past few months. And yet the Ministry refuses to believe that he is back" How could the Ministry be so daft? "But Harry said he was back. He killed-" "He did. But the Ministry does not trust Mister Potter as much anymore. You see they are scared that the people would panic" I scoffed. "That's stupid. The people should be allowed to know and prepare themselves! We need to do something. A protest? Or maybe-" I didn't realize I had stood up until Dumbledore gently pulled me back down. "That's were I was getting to Miss L/N" I chuckled nervously. "Sorry Professor. Please, continue" He nodded. "A secret society was created in the first uprising of Voldemort, the Order of the Phoenix" I nodded, I believed I knew where he was going with the point. "I resurfaced recently this society, and believe you would be a great addition. What do you say-" "Yes. Of course. You didn't have to ask. Well I mean you do but you get it" Dumbledore chuckled and smiled under his thick beard. (A/N: I'm a slow learner, because I still watch other people while I write. I nearly called Dumbledore, Ranboo 🤣) He pulled out of his cloak a slip of parchment and handed it carefully to me. "Go to this address tomorrow at noon for our first official meeting" I nodded and he abruptly stood up. "I'll be seeing you Miss L/N" I nodded. "Goodbye Professor" He left through the door and apparated outside, at least he had manners.