36.- He Knows

Y/N's P.O.V:

The moment of the year I dreaded the most, tryouts. Sure quidditch was fun and all but when it came to tryouts it was hard, people always threatened you or cried if they didn't make it, needless to say it was stressful.

And to top it off, that day, at breakfast Flint thought it was a good idea to approach me. "Hello L/N. Those lips cold without mine on them?" I groaned, slowly turning around Flint. "Hello Flint. Your face looks awful today. Mind if I correct it with a punch? Maybe that way girls will finally be able to look at you in the eye" His smirk didn't falter. "You didn't think that last Christmas" My smirk dropped and was replaced with a fake confused expression. "I don't know what you're talking about. You still looked pretty hideous last Christmas" He leaned closer to me, out of the corner of my eye I saw Oliver being restrained by the twins. "Forgot our little make out session L/N? Because I didn't, I remember how you kissed me first, how we made out-" I pushed him off, panic flooding through me as I saw Oliver run out of the great hall. "Back off Flint" He chuckled. "When he dumps you I'm still open mudblood" I scoffed and ran after Oliver.

I found him at the pitch, hitting a bludger extremely hard, I even felt bad for the poor bludger. "Wood!" He ignored me. "Woodchuck!" He looked quickly at me and then hit the bludger ignoring me once more. "Oliver!" He stopped hitting the bludger, but still refused to look at me. I sighed and accioed my broom (A/N: Yes that's a verb now 😂) and flew after him. "Oliver wait plea-" He ignored my pleas and flew off. I flew after him trying to grab his broom to stop him, but he hopped off and stormed into the castle. I hopped of my broom as well to try and catch up to him, but by the time I made it there he was gone. I sighed and walked sadly back to the great hall.

Angelina, Katie and Alicia caught up to me halfway through and pulled me to a secluded area. "What the hell was that?" I shrugged and slumped against the wall. "What was what?" All of three of them sighed and sat in front of me. "The Flint thing, please tell me it wasn't true" I pulled my knees against my chest and buried my head in them. "Oh my Godric" Alicia placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "What happened?" I sighed and raised my head, tears brimming my eyes. "It was to help Harry and Ron, they needed to get in the Slytherin common room a-and Flint was on guard" A single tear fell and I quickly wiped it away. "S-si I was the bait, and he got distracted a-and I panicked and kissed him to distract him" More tears fell and I wiped them away just as quickly as they appeared. "A-and I don't even know why he's mad! We weren't even dating!" My sadness turned to anger as I threw a pebble across the room, all three girls looked at each other uneasily. "In his mind you were" I threw another pebble, harder than before. "Well we weren't" I finally stood up and dusted myself off. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have quidditch tryouts to lead" I ran out, not wanting to answer anymore questions. I wasn't going to apologize, we weren't dating and the kiss was just to distract him, it meant nothing. But it didn't stop me from feeling heartbroken.

Oliver's P.O.V:

I was in the Gryffindor common room playing around with tactics, trying to keep my mind away from the Y/N situation, I didn't even notice Angelina walk in, until she tapped me on the shoulder. "Oliver-" I grabbed her by the shoulders and leaned her towards the table where my tactics were set. "Great! You're here. I was thinking to outplay Slytherin we can use an offensive tactic, by sending Fred and George here and then you go in with-" She clasped a hand over my mouth to prevent me from talking. "Stop it. We have about two months to prepare, breathe" I nodded and she retracted her hand, I sighed. "Besides you're just trying to keep your mind off Y/N" I sighed, clutching the table until my knuckles turned white. "I-I'm-" She shook her head. "Don't deny it Wood" I sighed and slumped back onto the couch, she sat next to me, trying to comfort me. "You guys need to talk" I sighed. "She's at quidditch tryouts" The portrait opened and Angelina turned towards it. "Not anymore" I looked at the portrait to see Y/N with her arms draped around the twins's shoulders, they laughed about something and she kissed both their cheeks. I clenched my fists and walked out towards the pitch to blow off some steam, trying to get rid of the image in my head.