17.-Dinner

Y/N's P.O.V:

A few days past with no new news, not that I was complaining the calm compared to everything that had happened last year was quite refreshing. Except for the fact that every morning my mom teased me that Oliver was my boyfriend and after I corrected her she scolded me for rejecting his proposal, it's not my fault that I was slightly terrified of Alice, but I was never going to admit that out loud, so instead I just focused on my music, drawing, cleaning or whatever activity came up. Everything seemed calm until one Sunday morning bright and early my mom screamed at the top of her lungs making me jump from my bed. "MOM! WHAT HAPPENED?" I screamed worriedly talking out my wand not really caring for the no magic outside of Hogwarts rule if it meant saving my mom. But when I arrived at the kitchen where she was pointing a knife at an owl, Apollo. I rolled my eyes and placed my wand on the table. "Mom, it's just Apollo" She looked at me with panic in her face. "Your boyfriend's bird?" I sighed looking for some food to give to Apollo. "Not my boyfriend but it is his owl" She lowered the knife. "Oh" I rolled my eyes giving Apollo some jam while taking the letter off his leg. "Mom you really need to stop freaking out. You've known of me being a wizard for 6 years" She dusted of her apron and sighed. "Doesn't stop me from worrying about my daughter" She kissed my head and went over to cooking again as I sat down reading the letter out loud.

Dear Mrs.L/N

Bad start.

About that dinner we agreed on a few days prior, my husband and I have managed to free our schedules this Sunday afternoon, and as Y/N briefly mentioned it is your day off work.

"Aww you talked about me?" I rolled my eyes. "They wanted to know why you hadn't gone to pick me up" "Aww the in-laws want to know about me" I groaned. "Mooooom" She turned to face me. "Can't I be excited for my daughter's first boyfriend?" I scoffed. "You can't because we aren't dating!" She turned back around moving her hand. "Just keep reading".

So if it is alright with you we will be apparitiating towards your muggle home at 7 p.m.

"Apparitiating?" That was going to be one hell of a dinner with my mom barley knowing anything about wizards. "Like space travelling" She raised an eyebrow as she turned to face me once more, I sighed. "One minute you're somewhere then you use your wand and you appear somewhere else" She nodded and turned back.

Please reply as soon as possible, I'm sure the kids will be excited to see each other.
With love,
Elise Wood

I looked up towards my mom who was currently stressing out. "H-how do you reply t-to that?" One of our nasty habits, we stuttered when we were nervous. "I'll go get the parchment" I ran over to my room searching for parchment, ink and a quill. I then ran back down and sat at the table. "Ready" My mom nodded and began dictating.

"Dear Mrs.Wood
We would be delighted to have all of you for dinner this Saturday. Y/N has been kind enough to explain apparition to me so that we could be prepared.
I apologize in advance for our difference in-in. Y/N what's the word?"

I looked up and stared at her. "Um, life styles?" She nodded pacing the room. "Yes that's it.

I apologize in advance for our difference in life style. But for the sake of the kids I'm sure we can all put our differences aside."

"What the hell mom?" She stopped pacing. "What?" I rolled my eyes. "You sound as if Deathstroke and Green Arrow were going to have dinner" She raised an eyebrow. "Who?" I scoffed. "Like mortal enemies are about to have dinner" She nodded. "Well you said wizards can be a bit stuck up" She had a point there. "Well yes, but not all of them" She went back to pacing. "Well it's too late now. Keep writing!"