19.- Date? At Diagon Alley

Y/N's P.O.V:

After his party, Oliver sent even more owls than usual, poor Apollo looked exhausted every time I saw him, my mom stopped screeching when she saw Apollo but it still scared her. And before I knew it my 6th year was starting the next day. I had to go alone to Diagon Alley since my mom had to work, but luckily for her an owl arrived that day that would change her worries. As usual my mom nearly confused Apollo with a baseball but he managed to survive long enough to give me the letter from Oliver. "Is it from Oliver?" She was smirking, I shook my head blushing. "No it's from Santa Claus" She playfully smacked me as I sat down at the table. "Read it already" I opened the letter and read it out loud, I didn't exactly hide secrets from my mom so me reading Oliver's letters to her was really normal.

Dear L/N:

"Off to a good start" I rolled my eyes. "Mom, can I at least finish the first two sentences before you start fangirling?" She raised her hands in surrender and monitored me to continue.

I agree, it is totally crazy that we're returning to Hogwarts tomorrow. And I also apologize for how I've been treating Apollo (make sure he listens), it's just that I'm really excited to talk with you.

"So romantic" My mom was the human version of the heart eyes emoji at that point as Apollo hooted happily, probably accepting Oliver's apology. "Mom-" She raised her hands again. "I waited two sentences" I rolled my eyes and kept reading.

This might be a tad too direct for you but I was hoping we could meet up today at Diagon Alley, I know it is quite sudden but after all I still owe you that butterbeer ;)

"Butterbeer? What did you bet with the poor boy?" I chuckled. "It was quidditch related, nothing too serious" She nodded and mentioned me to continue once more.

If you could reply soon it would really help, I really hope you can distract me from Percy's rant of how he should be head boy next year.
Love,
Oliver

"That is so romantic" I rolled my eyes as I grabbed parchment and quill. "I'll tell him he can go alone, he's 16 after all" I obviously was going with him, but I needed to taunt my mom a little. "Y/N L/N there is no way you are going alone when you can have a perfectly handsome and respectful boy accompany you!" I bit my lip to keep in a laugh, she was two steps away from giving me the talk. "Fine, I'll tell him I'll go" I smirked towards the floor as I handed Apollo the letter and he flew off. I sat back down at the table and my mom sat across me with a serious expression. "Honey, there's something important we need to talk about" Those words were never good, but my inability to have a serious conversation intervened. "Please don't tell me you're pregnant" She lightly smacked my arm. "Of course not! You are my only daughter" She pretended to think for a second. "That I know of" We both laughed but she turned her express back to seriousness. "I think it's time we had-" She stopped and leaned towards me. "The talk" My face tienes bright red and I stood up abruptly. "MOM!" She shrugged and leaned back. "It's just that I heard that girls your age like-well doing IT in alleyways" I couldn't hear anymore so I covered my ears. "Please don't!" She stopped talking and looked at me worriedly. "You have nothing to worry about, we're barley even dating-" She lifted a finger. "That has nothing to do, I heard of a girl-" I covered my ears again not wanting to hear it. "You know what? If Oliver and I do it you'll be the first to know, trust me" She nodded Ann's I left the room, already being uncomfortable enough. "But you do know about con-" I didn't even let her finish the sentence before screaming with fear in my voice. "MOM!"

Hours later my mom had left me at the entrance of the Leaky Cauldron just before leaving towards work. I walked through the Leaky Cauldron without a problem and as I entered Diagon Alley I saw a nervous looking brown haired boy leaning against the wall, facing opposite of me. The logical thing for me to do was scare him half to death, which I did.