5.-Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw

Oliver's P.O.V:
I was back at Hogwarts and the first thing I thought of was finding Y/N and asking if she liked her present. But first I had to say hello to Angelina. I entered the Gryffindor common room and found myself with the whole gang. I went over and hugged Angelina and she returned the hug happily. "Hey there Wood!" We stopped hugging and I said a quick hello to everyone else. "How was everyone's holiday?" I asked and everyone started telling about their holidays. "Well I stayed here, it was quite boring without all of you little nightmares" Everyone laughed as she ruffled our hair. "I also met Oliver's girlfriend" I chocked on my own saliva and everyone laughed smirking. "She's not my-" "She's not as bad. A bit shy and tons of sarcasm but I approve" Everyone started laughing again and I laughed awkwardly with them. "So when are you going to pop the question Wood?" I glared at George...or Fred I honestly couldn't tell them apart. "I'm not asking her out" "Is that why you were looking for her?" Percy walked into the room and I glared at him, a signal for him to shut up. He sat down and started reading. "She's in the courtyard by the way" I stood up and heard everyone about to laugh. "Don't even think about it", as soon as I closed the door I heard all of my friends laughing, I shook my head and went over to the courtyard.
She was no where to be found, but since Percy sported her here I knew exactly where she had gone. And I was right, there she sat covered from head to toe her H/C incredibly messy because of the air. I decided to sneak up on her so I approached extremely quietly and the placed a hand on her shoulder and yelled "BOO" I couldn't even react before she grabbed my hand and pushed me to the floor holding my arm behind my back and her knee on my back. I had to admit I didn't hate it until she applied pressure. "Y/N IT'S ME OLIVER" She brushed the hair out of my face and then released me with a shocked expression, I stood up and rubbed my arm. "That's a good grip" "Wood I'm so sorry, it's just my natural instinct, and I didn't know who you were and-" "L/N it's fine" She nodded and sat back down, I sat next to her. "What are you doing out here anyways?" "I came to ask if you liked your Christmas present" I thought she blushed but it could've been the cold. "Yeah thanks. I got your compensation by the way" She pulled out of her pocket and handed me a piece of paper, I started to open it but she stopped me. "Wait until I'm gone" I looked confusedly at her but nodded she stood up and waved as she left. When she was finally out of sight I opened the paper, there was a sketch that looked just like me with a small note at the bottom: Here's your compensation ;-)
-Y/N L/N
I shook my head and laughed as I carefully placed the drawing inside my pocket. Smiling like an idiot once more.
Y/N's P.O.V:
Quidditch was about to resume in a week, and I was pretty sure I had forgotten how to fly. Since everyone came back I spent even more time down at my spot, my roommates (specifically Alice) kept asking questions of Oliver, and it was starting to get annoying. It was a Saturday so no classes and less people outside in the cold. I was reading once more and as per usual Oliver came by. "Morning" "Hey" "Cold isn't it?" I just hummed in agreement and kept reading. "Nervous?" "Why would I be?" "You're playing Gryffindor next week, I heard they have a really good captain" I scoffed and he laughed slightly. "I heard the captain is way to cocky for his own good" We both laughed. "But you guys will probably win" "Why do you say that?" "I'm not quite sure I can even fly anymore" He was silent for a minute while I kept on reading, he then slowly shut my book and I glared at him. "C'mon" I tried opening my book once more but he stopped me. "I'm trying to read Wood" He then yanked the book out of my hands and started running with it while smirking. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU WOOD!" I started chasing after him, we kept weaving through the crowds of students who looked at us confusingly, he glanced every once in a while taunting me while laughing. We both ran until we reached the pitch were he pulled out his wand and yelled. "Accio Broom" (A/N: Too lazy to look up broom types so I'll just generalize it) A broom came flying from behind me and I had to duck to avoid it, he climbed on and started flying waving the book in the air taunting me. I crossed my arms and glared at him, he leaned on the broom. "You're not coming L/N?" I smirked and sat down. "Nope you'll have to come down eventually" He thought for a moment and then smirked back. "Then you won't mind if the book goes for a little flying trip" He started flying upwards laughing. "DON'T YOU DARE WOOD" I saw he held the book by the spine and about to drop it, and that's when I knew, he would dare, I had no choice but to play his little game. I took out my wand and yelled. "Accio broom!" My broom flew into my hand and I climbed on top of it and just in time because Woof had just dropped my book, I zoomed and caught the book just before it hit the ground. Oliver clapped from behind as I hugged my book and glared at him. "I guess you do know how to fly" "I'm going to kill you Wood" He smirked and started talking in his Scottish accent. "You'd have to catch me first" It annoyed me when he spoke like that, because he knew it made me laugh. I smirked to hide my smile. "Are you sure you want to play that game with me Wood? I'm a seeker and you're a keeper" "Sure am" He winked and I rolled my eyes at the joke, that was the last straw. I started chasing after him, I was genuinely surprised he was actually faster on air, we chased after each other until I got tired and stopped mid air but Oliver apparently didn't notice because he crashed into me nearly throwing me off my broom but he pulled me back by the waist. "Hands off Wood" "You're welcome" "You crashed into me first!" He laughed and I couldn't help but laugh with him, I started flying towards the ground. "Where you going?" I hopped of my broom and hoisted it on my shoulder. "Dinner" "I'll go with you" "No thanks it's bad enough they think we're friends" He raised an eyebrow and I started walking away. "So we aren't friends?" "You wish Wood" I smirked and I could barley hear him laughing.
It was the day of the Gryffindor-Ravenclaw match and to say that we were nervous was an understatement. I hadn't talked to Oliver since our little playful fight, but every time I looked at him he looked really stressed. This particular morning he didn't even touch his food and just kept talking strategy with Johnson, I was lost in thought when Flint sat in front of me, I groaned and went back to eating my bacon. "Nice to see you to princess" I glared at him. "What do you want Flint?" He smirked. "Well I noticed that you've gotten closer to a certain Gryffindor" I tensed up and his smirk grew even wider. "And I suggested to Davies, you know just friendly captain advice, that you two should switch leaving you as chaser so that you could trick out dear Gryffindor captain" I rolled my eyes and pretended to play along. "And why do you want to help us Marcus?" He smirked thinking he had me wrapped around his fingers. "Well I like you Y/N and maybe if you do what I say I'll go easy on Ravenclaw" His hand went on my knee and it took all my willpower not to smash his head onto the table. "And maybe I can help you get rid of your past and you can join the pure blood gang" I smirked back. "Only one slight problem Flint" I slapped his hand out of my knee and stood up ready to leave. "I'm proud of being a muggleborn and Ravenclaws aren't cheaters" I left with a smirk leaving Flint speechless, I passed by Davies and he high-fived me.
Oliver's P.O.V:
I was thinking when I heard Y/N's voice overpowering everyone else's in the hall.  "I'm proud of being a muggleborn and Ravenclaws aren't cheaters" She apparently yelled that at Flint, I wasn't surprised that he wanted her to cheat. But I was astonished at the way she walked out of the hall confidently. I sat there awestruck not realizing what I was doing until Angelina yelled in my ear. "OLIVER!" I shook my head and turned towards her. "Yes?" "I had to call your name four times" I played with my food not daring to meet her gaze. "Sorry I was distracted" "By her girlfriend" I turned up and glared at the twins while they smirked, I shook my head and went back to play with my food. "You need to eat Oliver" "Not hungry" I pushed my plate and went back to devising strategies in my head. "Why are you so nervous anyways?" I heard Percy ask but I just shrugged and kept thinking. "It's because he's playing against his girl-" Before one of the twins could finish that sentence I stood up and addressed the team. "Team to the lockers!" I started walking off with the whole team behind me. The twins weren't wrong I actually was nervous to play against Y/N, I knew my seeker wasn't as good as her, and I had to only hope the chasers could score more than Ravenclaw.
Y/N's P.O.V:
I sat in the middle of the locker room acting as if I was hearing Davies's speech, but honestly si was trying to not feel intimidated, me being the only girl in the team and all, the room was full of testosterone and then there was cocky old me. I snapped out of my daze when I heard Davies say my name and point at me. "Yes?" "You're going to distract Wood" "I beg your pardon?" He rolled his eyes annoyingly. "You can flirt with him, kiss him or take your shirt off I don't care. You need to distract him so we can score" I slowly stood up and marched towards Davies, the rest of the team looking at me. "First of all I AM NOT A TOY, I won't go around seducing whoever you want me to" I took another step angrily and he took a step back frightened. "Second of all distracting the keeper isn't my job, I'm a SEEKER not a CHASER" I took one last step jabbing my finger to his chest. "And last of all I don't know if you heard me in the morning but I know we aren't cheaters, we are going to win FARE AND SQUARE and we are NOT stepping down to Flint's level!" The whole locker room cheered to my speech and I went back to sit down leaving Davies speechless. "I-Well-Um Let's go out there and win" He looked at me. "Fair and square" we all yelled happily. "GO RAVENCLAW" Davies passed me and I smiled at him.
Oliver's P.O.V:
I walked onto the pitch, everyone was cheering for their team. I saw the Ravenclaw team step out as well, my eyes focused longer at Y/N as the wind ruffled her hair. It was cloudy and with a chance of rain (A/N: with a chance of meatballs lol sorry), Madam Hooch asked us the captains to shake hands and we did but again my eyes lingered on Y/N and Davies whispered. "Eyes off my seeker Wood" I let go of his hand and walked back to mount my broom while I glared at Davies. Madam Hooch blowed the whistle and the game started.
I managed to fend of a few times but Ravenclaw chasers where catching up on my strategies, it was now raining lightly and was making it harder to see and move. I was about to call a time out so we could change into our rain gear but Davies beat me to it. I flew down with the rest of my team and huddled up as we put on our googles to see clearer (A/N: I don't know if that's an actual thing but I imagine it is). Angelina was the first to speak. "They're catching onto our strategies" "Switch to plan B, and try to not have as many patterns so we can last a little longer" Everyone nodded and Madam Hooch blew her whistle signalling that time out was over. We flew back onto the pitch and it was now raining way more, we could barley see but luckily Lee Jordan was really loud so I could hear what was happening. "And it's Johnson she about to score but oh good catch from Ravenclaw captain Roger Davies" That kept going on for a while until Lee screamed. "THEY'VE SPOTTED THE SNITCH" I was silently praying that Y/N didn't catch it first, but another part of me hopes that she did, I was really conflicted. But then the audience groaned loud enough for me to know that they lost it, I was about to yell to my seeker but I saw a brownish blur flying towards me and my first instinct was to block it, and it was a good thing that I did because it was the quaffle that Davies had thrown trying to score. This little game kept going a few times, with Davies trying to score and me blocking but then Angelina stole the quaffle and flew to the other side, I thought Davies was going to follow her but instead he just kept hovering around the hoops. "Forgot how to play he game Davies?" He scoffed. "Nah just here to mess with your head" "Good luck with that" We were in silence hearing the game, that wasn't visible, until he spoke once more. "Y/N's cute isn't she?" I had the urge to curse him for some reason. "I suppose so" He smirked knowing he was getting in my head. "I was thinking of asking her out, any suggestions?" I tightened my grip on my broom focusing now more than ever on Lee's commentary. "Cat got your tongue eh? Guess I'll have to figure out myself" He flew out of my sight but he had already managed his purpose, he got inside my head. I didn't understand why I was angry that he wanted to ask Y/N out, they're both smart, sassy and really good quidditch players, but why did I just want to punch him in the face when he said that? Why was the thought of them dating overpowering my desperate need for a win?
Y/N's P.O.V:
I was starting to shiver under the rain, I've lost the snitch a total of 5 times now, everyone was getting tired and soaked and I couldn't stand it anymore. I couldn't apply my normal tactic of waiting around until I found the snitch because you couldn't even see in these conditions, but I managed to hear Jordan's commentary. "And Wood lets another goal in, have the Ravenclaws got an advantage tonight?" I'm pretty sure Davies just did exactly what I told him not to, but who am I to judge he is the captain after all. "GRYFFINDOR HAS FOUND THE SNITCH" Just after that comment I saw a golden blur being followed by a red one, and I went after them, I caught up eventually to the Gryffindor seeker we looked at each other and then focused back on the snitch, it went down and I knew exactly what I was going to do, I did a barrel roll (A/N: Finally learnt the name :-)) and caught the snitch, but just as I sat up again a lightning bolt struck right beside me and made me fall, I was free falling over 100 feet and I was most definitely going to be severely hurt, I curled into a ball clutching the snitch to my chest saying to myself: This is it, this is the end, I never had the chance to have friends or fall in love or anything really. I was about to give up when I crashed onto something, or more specifically someone, I was so relieved I immediately cuddled closer to the person who just saved me and the person put a protective arm around me. "I got you" I recognized the accent but decided not to comment on it, as long as he got me to the ground I didn't care who it was, but now that I knew I cuddled even closer to him. We reached the ground and he helped me off the broom, I smiled toward him and noticed that Davies was walking over with my broom. He ran over to me and hugged me I gladly hugged back. "That was amazing Y/N!" "I try" We both laughed relieved and he then noticed Oliver standing there awkwardly, Davies stretched a hand out towards him. "Thanks for saving my seeker Wood" He took Davies's hand and shook it. "No problem. But she didn't need my help" He winked towards me and then another lightning bolt hit a few feet away from where we where standing. "LET'S GO! Thanks for the help Wood!" I yelled and started running towards the locker room. When I entered the whole team cheered everyone congratulating me. I was the happiest I've ever been, I had just defeated Oliver Wood.
Word count: 3071
A/N: Hey I'm not a really good Quidditch game writer but I try. I might post another chapter today as well but no promises :-)