29.- Petrified

Oliver's P.O.V:

Madam Pomfrey had to go and get Percy to drag me out of the Hospital Wing. I refused to leave Y/N's side, not even for dinner. Percy was shocked as well by the fact that he had lost his girlfriend, but he showed no emotion whatsoever.

He dragged me to the common, I didn't really realize I was moving, my mind still wandering to Y/N's petrified form.

In the common room I immediately sat on the couch, resting my head on my hand, nervously running another shaky hand through my hair. Whispering was heard all over the common room, but I only payed slight attention to Harry and Ron's conversation. "What's wrong with Percy and Oliver?" Percy was pacing nervously between the stairs. "Reckon he didn't believe that the creature would attack prefects, but it got to Penelope Clearwater, and Y/N as well, that's why Wood looks like he wants to jump off the roof" Harry nodded in understanding, my mind drifted back to Y/N, her frightened eyes, and sadness filling me again as to how I couldn't save her. "Oliver?" I looked up with tear filled eyes at Angelina, who was crouched in front of me. "I called your name six times" I looked back down at the floor. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head, my gaze lingering on the floor, a single tear falling onto my cheek. "If you want to talk, I'm here" I nodded and wiped the tear. Angelina didn't hesitate and hugged me, I hugged back as tears came flooding back.

We stayed like that for who knows how long, just me crying onto Angelina's shoulder. I finally decided to pull away, sniffling. "Thanks Angelina. I needed it" My voice was raspy and my eyes were definitely puffy. She nodded smiling, she placed a hand on my forearm. "Anytime" I nodded and went to my dormitory.

They were all asleep except for Percy. "Can't sleep?" He shook his head and kept reading his book, Penelope being petrified really affected him. I changed into my pijamas and tried falling asleep, but failed. Instead I opened my quidditch book that usually calmed me down, but every sentence reminded me of Y/N, everything reminded me of her. I finally closed my eyes hoping to drift off to sleep. That night I had my worst dream yet.

I stood in the middle of the pitch, my arms and legs bound to the ground by vines. I was forced to watch Y/N fall off her broom, no one to catch her, falling helplessly to the ground. "Y/N!" I screamed with all my forces but it didn't stop her body from crashing on the ground. The vines let me go and I ran to her side, her neck was bruised and blood was pouring from her nose, I brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. (A/N: If you have really short hair, ignore the last sentence 🙃) "Y/N...wake up" Tears we're starting to form again, her head feasting on my lap, but she didn't respond. "You didn't save me" I turned up to look at Y/N, her neck was in a weird angle along with her legs and arms. "Y/N-" "You didn't keep your promise" Her voice sounded hurt, I stood up abruptly and ran to her. "Wait-" But the scene changed.

Now I was in the black lake. Y/N was being pulled by the tentacle, I tried swimming after her. "Wood!" She screamed with bubbles coming out of her mouth, the scream muffled by the water. I struggled against whatever was restraining me. "Oliver!" She screamed again, I struggled even harder. I managed to get my hand free, but I was too late our fingers barley brushed as she was pulled underwater. She reappeared as a ghost shimmering in front of me. "You killed me" I shook my head and opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off. "You killed me!" She lunged you attack me screaming in anger and the scene changed again.

I was in the Hospital wing, staring at Y/N's body. "You promised...You promised to save me..."I turned to look at Y/N. "Y/N...I tried, I-I wanted to save you-" She didn't seem to listen to me, still staring at her body on the bed. "You let me die" I tried grabbing her hand but it just shimmered out of my grasp, as if she was a ghost. "Y/N...I would've given my life for you, I would take your place if I could, but I-I-" She still didn't listen to me. "I hate you" Tears started forming in my eyes again. "Y/N-please" She turned angry and finally faced me. "I HATE YOU!" She grasped my throat and started choking me, I didn't fight since I knew she was right, that I had killed her.