43.- Redemption

Oliver's P.O.V:

(A/N: I haven't done one of these in a while so might as well 😅)

Ravenclaw finally walked out, Y/N had a proud smile on her face which made me smile as well. We locked eyes for a brief second and it was as if the whole world had gone quiet, just us two looking at each other, the usual feeling I got when we kicked eyes. "Captains! Shake hands!" Y/N and Flint walked to the center, both glaring at each other, probably squishing their bones, until they let go. "Mount your brooms!" They did as they were told and the snitch was released. Malfoy was still recovering (according to himself) so they had a fill in. He barley seemed to be managing to holding onto his broom so Y/N should've been fine. It was the rest of the team that worried me. Madam Hooch finally blew her whistle and the match began.

I could see Y/N muttering something to herself as the game kept happening below us. They were getting crushed, in the first five minutes one of Ravenclaw's beaters was already hurt by the bat of one of the Slytherins. He claimed it was an accident but anyone who knew how Flint and his team played, knew that wasn't an accident. And without one beater the other one couldn't keep up with the bludger that the Slytherin beaters were sending towards the Ravenclaw chasers. And without the beater's protection the chasers were taking a hard toll on themselves. They kept losing the quaffle and without the chasers to protect the keeper he was being attacked by all fronts and failing miserably at blocking. So overall not a good start.

Y/N was yelling commands while fiddling with her fingers, she was clearly frustrated. All of a sudden she dropped down low and started chasing after what I assumed was the snitch. "And L/N has spotted the snitch!" I was right, seeing the score she really needed to catch that snitch quickly. But before she could catch it she lost it again, the stands groaned and the game kept going. A few minutes later they lost a chaser too, his arm most likely broken. But the beater came back, with a bandage wrapped around his head, the match was brutal. They finally managed to score a goal, but Slytherin was 160 points ahead, even if Y/N caught the snitch they would've lost.

The Slytherin seeker was now trying to throw Y/N off her broom, trying to keep her away from the snitch, luckily she didn't budge and kept on her broom, fighting the seeker back. They went on about their fight, my heart stopping every time she let go of the broom. And suddenly she started flying faster, she must've spotted the snitch. We were all on the edge of our seats, just wanting the match to be over, and I'm sure the players wanted that too. "Y/N L/N has caught the snitch! 150 points to Ravenclaw!" I smiled excitedly until I saw the score. 160-170. My happiness faded, sadly Slytherin had won. "But Slytherin won" Even Lee sounded sad, but the Slytherin side was cheering.

Ravenclaw flew back down and gloomily went back to the locker rooms, Y/N had her arm around a chaser's waist helping him stand up and being able to reach the showers. They didn't lose by much, but nevertheless they must've been feeling terrible. I made sure to wait outside for Y/N to come, I didn't want to interrupt her yet. No one knew better than me how bad it felt to lose a match so horribly.

Y/N's P.O.V:

Even after all the hard work we put in, we still lost. I was slightly devastated, we still had a chance to win but that was an embarrassing loss. More than half of the team was in the hospital wing, and all because they were allegedly accidents, we all knew the truth but the teachers didn't want to notice it. I had a small bruise forming on the right side of my chest, the other seeker jabbed me a bit too hard, but it wasn't major so I wasn't worried.

I went outside, still slightly defeated. As always Oliver was there waiting for me, I gave him a small smile and he hugged me.  "I'm sorry you lost" I chuckled slightly. "I'm sorry too" He pulled away and looked me over skeptically. "What are you sorry for?" I smirked. "I'm sorry that I won't be losing again and that I'll have to crush your hopes and dreams" We both laughed and he shook his head. "You mean you're going to try. We'll give you one hell of a fight" I chuckled and quickly kissed him. "I wouldn't have it any other way" I started walking away, Oliver caught up and intertwined our fingers. "Where to now?" "The library" He groaned and I stifled a laugh. "Why?" I chuckled. "Because we only have a few months until we have to take our NEWT's" He scoffed. "Months! We can still take our time" I rolled my eyes. "We can. But I don't want to. So are you coming?" He sighed but still followed me.