48.- Quidditch/Fire

Y/N's P.O.V:

Luckily for Gryffindor Oliver's arm healed in hours, and he was as good as new. He went back to hiding in his room and I didn't really want to interrupt him so I was once again studying in the library.

The morning of the match was chaotic to say the least, everyone taking sides and tramping the players with questions. I didn't want to be in their shoes, too much attention for my liking. I sat across from Charlie in the Ravenclaw table, trying to ignore all the ruckus. "I never knew people would be so excited about one quidditch match" I chuckled and reached across the table for some bread. "It's a match between two life long rivals. What were you expecting?" She shrugged. "Much less noise" I laughed and started eating my breakfast silently. I noticed Charlie's gaze shift from her breakfast to something behind me, she smirked and before I could ask her she abruptly stood up. "I-I think I left my-my-um BOOK. Yeah my book, see ya!" I stood up as well. "But you have your book right there!" She ignored me and left, even leaving the food which was basically an insult for the food. I sighed and then felt hands against my eyes, covering my vision. My instincts kicked in and I immediately grabbed the arm that was covering my eyes, twisting it behind the person's back and slamming them on the table. I heard a grunt, and of course I had to just slam Oliver onto the table. "What is this? The third time?" I shrugged and let go of his arm, he started rubbing his shoulder. "Sorry. To be fair you should know by now that you shouldn't surprise me" He chuckled and sat next to me. "I guess I never learn do I" We both laughed. "You were right" I continued eating my breakfast. "About what? I mean, I usually am but what about this time?" He laughed and threw me a breadcrumb. "You were right about me having a ton of fangirls" I chuckled. "Is that why you're hiding over here?" He nodded. "They're scared of you, so might as well make the most out of my scary girlfriend" He kissed my cheek and I burst out laughing, him soon joining in. "You should leave soon" He nodded and wrapped his arm around my waist, placing his chin on my shoulder. "Ten more minutes?" I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. "Don't imitate me" He laughed and quickly kissed me. "See you at the stands?" I nodded and he left with a huge grin. Charlie immediately came back. "I found my book! Turns out I was holding it! Shocker!" She faked laughed and I rolled my eyes. "I know you left because of Oliver" She sighed. "Am I that bad at lying?" I nodded. "Ready to go?" She nodded sadly and we started walking towards the pitch. "This is going to be fun" I nodded. "Especially if Oliver wins. Who knows what might happen" I shoved Charlie and she started laughing. My blush coming back.

The pitch was as full as it could get, I had never seen it like that, ever. We barely managed to find seats, and it was at the very back where we couldn't see anything, and me being me I didn't mind at all, but Charlie being Charlie did. She stood up and grabbed my wrist. "Move it! Ravenclaw captain and company coming through!" She yelled that over and over again until we were at the very front. She smirked in triumph. "Much better" I sighed and rolled my eyes. "That was embarrassing" She scoffed. "At least now you can actually see your boyfriend" I rolled my eyes again and leaned against the railing.

(A/N: I do not remember the speech or the match. So I'm improvising 😌🙃)

Oliver's P.O.V:

I stood in front of the team, all of them waiting for my speech. My stomach was churning with nerves, and I felt like just running out, but I was never going to give Flint the satisfaction. I cleared my throat and stood straighter to emanate more confidence. "This is it. The final chance to win the cup, my final chance. I just want to say it's been an honor being your captain, and I really hope we win" They all had a new determination on their faces, it was quite pleasing to watch. Suddenly Fred stood up and placed his arm around my shoulders. "You heard the captain. Let's go beat these snakes back into their hole. Knock on Wood!" (A/N: It was a wasted opportunity if I didn't do that 🤣) And out of surprise he punched me lightly in the chest. George then came and did the same thing, until all the team had punched me. My chest was stinging slightly from all the punches but seeing all the team happy made me happy. I grabbed my broom and started walking towards the exit, our spirits high and ready to win.