8.- Mudblood (Year 5)

Y/N's P.O.V:
It was time to go back for my fifth year at Hogwarts, O.W.L year. I spent hours reading over and over again all my school books, I could barley have time to compose anything, my mom had to force me out of my room to eat. But I was going back and honestly my mom couldn't be happier, her boss had started making her work double shifts in my last week and I couldn't see much of her, but I was glad for the time we had spent today. She hugged me tightly as we approached the entrance I hugged her back. She spoke into my hair. "I'm going to miss you so much" "I'll miss you too mom" She started hugging tighter sniffling. "Running..out...of air" She laughed as she let me go, she was now crying and I hugged her once more before running against the barrier. I had never once looked back at the barrier when I crossed it, after all what is done is done, but this year I just had the urge to do so, but I ignored it.
I was walking around the train when someone pulled me into the train compartment, I kicked it the no-go zone and elbowed the person in the face. I turned around to be faced with a stunned Oliver and Angelina laughing like a maniac. "Sorry Wood" He groaned and smiled painfully. "Hey Angelina" She waved still laughing, I helped Oliver stand up and kept apologizing, he eventually just started laughing as well. "Remind me to not sneak up on you" I nodded and laughed as well. Soon enough the twins ran into the compartment breathless. "Harry Potter is in the train" Angelina and Oliver gasped as I took my transfiguration book out and curled up to read it. "Yeah I know, I met him at Diagon Alley, he seems like a really shy-" "You've met Harry Potter?!" I looked up from my book to see everyone with their eyes and mouth open. "Yes, as I was saying he seems really shy and kind-" I stopped as soon as I saw that they were not reacting. "So what if I've met him, you guys have never met a first year before they entered Hogwarts?" Everyone's eyes turned even wider and I sighed. "Well-he-he's not normal" I punched Oliver in the arm and he rubbed it. "That is a very nasty thing to say Wood-" "He survived the killing curse L/N" I stopped dead in my tracks, that was precisely why it was one of the unforgivable curses, it was inevitable, but for him to survive that was just amazing. But then I remembered what my mom always taught me, no matter how famous or unknown the person was, always treat them as equal. I closed my mouth and took a deep breath and then kept reading. "So? He's still a person" They noticed that I was annoyed and dropped the topic. We talked all the way to Hogwarts, until once again I fell asleep, it seemed to be my usual routine but who could blame me, I was in my O.W.L year I needed to catch on my sleep already.
I woke up to quiet giggles, something was covering me but I didn't mind. I opened my eyes slightly and noticed the source of the giggles, Angelina and Katie Bell. I raised an eyebrow still not daring to move. "What?" My voice still sounded tired and they started giggling louder. I moved and the sweater that was covering me fell to the ground, I picked it up and shook it to get rid of the dust, both girls where giggling even louder. "Careful Y/N, if u get dust on that Oliver might get mad" I held up the sweater towards them. "This is Wood's?" They nodded and I turned the sweater around, it had the Puddlemore United, should've guessed. I placed the sweater carefully next to me and searched for my book to start reading again. "Looking for Oliver Y/N?" I groaned and they started giggling. "He's not my boyfriend" "But he clearly likes you" Those were the first words Katie spoke, she held her hand out. "I'm Katie-" "Bell, Gryffindor chaser" She nodded and I shook her hand. "Angelina was right you really do know everything, well everything except that Oliver likes you" I scoffed and crossed my arms deciding to play their little game. "And why would you say that?" Katie pointed at the sweater and Angelina rolled her eyes. "That's Wood's Puddlemore United sweater-" "I'm aware" He put a hand over my mom mouth to shut me up. "That's his most valued treasure, when he got it he didn't even let me breathe against it, let alone touch it. And as soon as he saw you shiver he immediately took it off and put it on you" I licked her hand so she would let me argue, but she just placed it harder on my mouth. "Also when you enter a room where he is in he immediately smiled and turns as red as a tomato" She finally let me go and wiped her hand on my sweatpants. "If that's all your reasoning then you all must clearly be mad" "Who's mad?" We all turned around to be met with the twins, Percy and Oliver. "Well Katie and Angelina believe-" "I better go" Katie cut me off and walked over to me pretending to say goodbye. "Rule number 1 of girl talk, never talk about girl talk" I nodded as she started to walk away, I grabbed the sweater and Wood sat next to me, the twins where on either side of Angelina and Percy was next to Oliver, he grabbed something from his pocket covered in a napkin and handed it to me, I opened it and noticed a pumpkin pasty. "I know how much you like them" I smiled at him. "Thanks Wood, also thanks for the sweater" I handed the sweater to him but he refused to take it. "Keep it, you can give it back at Hogwarts" I nodded and started eating the pumpkin pasty, Angelina was wiggling her eyebrows towards us. I shook my head and looked towards Oliver, I was quite glad I hadn't told them what my dream was about.
I changed into my robes a while later and we all walked out of the train, I waved towards Hagrid. And then walked towards the carriages, Percy had left to attend his prefect duties so we had an extra space in the carriage, which Katie soon filled in. It was slightly awkward considering I was the only Ravenclaw in a carriage full of Gryffindors but I was still comfortable, as soon as we entered the great hall I waved off towards the group and walked to the Ravenclaw table, as soon as I sat down the nightmare trio (also known as Alice, Charlie and Dianne). "Where you on the train with Oliver Wood?" I sighed. "Nice to see you too girls, and not that's it's any of your business but yes, I was" They all looked shocked but Alice started smirking sooner than the rest. "That means you can give us info right? I'll tell you anything" I did consider it for a second, but then I pictured Oliver's face and all temptation was gone. "I think not" They all had their shocked expressions once more. "You better tell us L/N or you will regret it" Alice had an angry expression and I glared at her. " I don't respond to empty threats Alice, now if you'll excuse me I want to watch the sorting ceremony" I turned as a sign for them to leave and thankfully they did. I didn't honestly want to pay attention to the ceremony instead I got lost in my thoughts, Why hadn't accepted they offer? They're like the gossip queens in Hogwarts and I could have got any information I wanted but I refused, Why? Then an image of Oliver smiling while we ate our ice creams back at Diagon Alley flashed in my mind and that's when I realized I was screwed, I liked Oliver Wood. (A/N: FINALLY After 8 chapters and 1 whole year that was way too obvious lol).
Oliver's P.O.V:
Y/N waves us off to sit at the Ravenclaw table, and we did the same but at the Gryffindor table. I couldn't take my eyes off her even as we sat down at the table, Angelina seemed to notice because she kicked me in the knee, I jumped back and nearly fell of the bench, Angelina wiggles her eyebrows and I regained my posture. "You like her" "Like who?" "Y/N" When she said her name my stomach turned, I felt sick but happy? It was the weirdest feeling ever. I tried keeping my expression blank but a blush crept on my cheeks. "N-no" If blushed even deeper and Angelina smirked. "No need to deny it Wood, even Percy has noticed" I sighed and conceded, it was time I said the truth. "Fine, I do like her" Angelina smirked grew even wider. "Sorry Oliver I didn't hear you" "I like Y/N" "Now that you admit it, what are you going to do about it?" I sighed and looked over at her watching the sorting ceremony. "Nothing" Her eyes widened. "Why not?" I rested my head on my hand gazing at Y/N once more. "She probably doesn't see me that way" The twins then joined into the conversation, the great hall now full of chatter and food. "What we talking about?" "Oliver's crush" "So what are you going to do with Y/N?" I nearly choked on my food. "You guys knew too?" "The whole school knew Wood" I sighed and went back to eating, occasionally glancing up to look at Y/N. "Well Wood said he won't do anything" The twins turned to me with a shocked expression. "What? Why not?"I opened my mouth to answer but Angelina best me to it. "Apparently he thinks Y/N doesn't like him back" The twins started laughing hysterically and I glared at them. "After all you've done together you think that?" I shrugged. "Mate, if a girl spent as much time with me as she does with you I would kiss her face off" We all laughed at George's comment and began eating once more until Percy joined us. "Perce finally! Come and talk some sense into Wood" "What did he do now?" Fred said through a mouthful of food. "He doesn't want to ask Y/N out" "First off that's gross and second have u tried blackmail?" I choked on my food. "I'm not bloody blackmailing her into dating me!" My accent was more than noticeable and a few people turned around to look at my sudden outburst, I shrunk onto the bench and kept eating. "I meant it as if you turned a date with you into a bet, I've heard she really likes bets" I shrugged once more but the twins smirked and looked at each other. "Perce you're a genius" They both stood up and started walking towards the Ravenclaw table, my eyes widened in shock but I kept my head low, still stealing ocasional glances at Y/N.
Y/N's P.O.V:
I was calmly eating my food while listening in to a few conversations, avoiding Alice's glare, I heard the bench in front of me creak and I looked up to be met by two identical red heads. "Hello?" They both adopted profesional postures. "We have a proposition" I smirked. "Shoot" "We have a bet, if you get Snape to teach fifth years amorentia we don't do a prank to anyone for a whole month, but if you don't manage it you go on a date with Wood" I blushed slightly at the last part but managed to keep my cool. "Fine, I want to see you boys suffer" They smirked and left. It was a good thing I got somehow along with Snape, I didn't think I was mentally prepared for a date with Oliver, but I wouldn't complain if I lost.
Oliver's P.O.V:
I saw as the twins talked with Y/N, that smirk killed me (not literally of course), I stared for a little too long but then the twins stood up and walked back towards us, I locked eyes with Y/N and gave her a half smile which she returned. The twins sat back in the spot they were before they left smirking. "It's done" "What's done?" "The bet" We all looked at them with a confused look. "We made a bet that if she managed to get Snape to teach fifth years amorentia we won't prank anyone for a week, but if she didn't she goes on a date with Wood. It's fool proof!" "How exactly?" Their smirk grew even wider. "Well she either goes on a date with Wood or we figure out who she likes and hex him or her" We laughed at the last part and I looked at Y/N, she was talking to a first year, I couldn't help but agree with the twins it was certainly a good plan, I just hoped she really did like me and she wasn't going to go on a date with me out of a bet.
Y/N's P.O.V:
I was walking back to the common room, already tired of the feast and people in general, but of course nothing ever goes right in my life. A gang of Slytherins bumped into me and made my trip, I fell head first but at the last second I protected my face with my arms, I looked up to see who had tripped me just to be found with Flint and a few Slytherins I didn't know, Flint spat at me as I stood up, I ignored it and started walking away. "Watch where you're going mudblood" My blood boiled at the name but I kept walking, I wasn't going to start a fight. At least not a physical one. I ran through the hallways checking every room until I finally found who I was looking for. "Hello there Peeves" The ghost turned around leaving a half painted graffiti on the wall. "Y/N any new prank ideas, I've been running out" Peeves pretended a pout and I laughed quietly. "Actually I've got a little rumour you might like" Peeves smirked and flew closer to me. "And who's little rumour is it?" I smirked back. "Marcus Flint" "Perfect Slytherin captain, what must this nice rumour be about?" I whispered the secret and Peeves started giggling when I finished. "Don't worry no one will ever know" He said in a sing song tone winking, I smirked back and started walking once more towards the Ravenclaw common room, feeling more powerful than ever, by tomorrow morning everyone would know Flint made out with a muggleborn. I started guessing Peeve's plan to spread the rumour, probably tell a gossip obsessed Hufflepuff. Or a Slytherin they would most definitely attack him, with most of them being blood proud and whatever. Whatever Peeve's plan was it meant that Flint would regret calling me a mudblood.
I entered the dorm to find it all alone, and it was perfect since I needed to keep up my tradition of playing my ukelele the first day, I tunes it and played just the way you are by Bruno Mars (A/N: Again if you don't know it google it it's super good). I continued playing it on repeat until I heard the dorm room open, I exchanged the instrument for a book and pretended to read, I heard all three girls groan while they changed. When I was sure they fell asleep I placed my ukelele at the bottom of my trunk as well and readied myself for the torture of Marcus Flint.
Word count: 2675
A/N: Sorry for not uploading and for the short chapter, I'm seriously running out of ideas so please do comment what you want to read, or you can send me a dm through my instagram account @just_another_fandomaccount
Also should I write Y/N's dream?And yeah I think that's everything. Thanks for reading, comment and share!! Forgot to write I'm planning on doing a Five x reader soon so look out for that one as well.