56.- The Dark Mark

Y/N's P.O.V:

People were screaming, tents were on fire and spells flew across the place. "Where are our wands?" I snapped out of my trance, finally listening to Oliver. I didn't even realize he was now standing in front of me protectively. I took a deep breath, to try and calm my voice and nerves, in situations like those it's not good to panic or at least show that you're panicking. "T-They're in the room" He nodded, still not taking his eyes away from the scene that was unfolding itself in front of us. "Go get them" His voice was barely above a whisper, and even though he would never admit he was definitely terrified, for himself, his parents and even me. I ran as quickly as possible to the room and grabbed both wands, and just when I was running out again the side of the tent exploded, sending me flying towards the ground. I quickly turned around, my wand raised and ready. A person with a black hood and a creepy mask walked in, their wand also pointed at me. A devilish smirk was visible on their face, I had only seen that smirk on one other person, and I knew it meant no good. "Cr-" I didn't let them finish the spell. "Expelliarmus!" Their wand flew out of their hand, but they had better reflexes than I anticipated and they caught the wand. But I was then determined to come out victorious (A/N: Not the TV show! 🤣 Sorry I'm ruining the tense moment...) before they could think of a spell I pointed my wand at them again. "Bombarda" It was their turn to be sent flying, landing on their back, not standing up again. I ran over to them and snapped their wand in half, would I get in trouble? Maybe. But they threatened my life and I preferred that if they woke up that they couldn't hurt anyone else. "Y/N!" Oliver's deafening scream was herd behind me, I turned around to face him and he immediately ran over to me, pulling as close as possible. "What happened? Are you okay?" He started inspecting my face, which had a bit of dirt but I was otherwise fine. "I'm fine, they aren't though" He tore his gaze away from me and looked at the person I just bombarded the shit out of. "Oh no" He held onto my hand tightly, definitely scared. "Oliver, what the fuck is going on?" He just had to say one word to get my attention and my fear at once. "Deatheaters" (A/N: Ugh that would've been such a good ending for a chapter 😔)

I swallowed harshly but I had to put my fear on hold since I saw a little boy in the middle of the path, about to get hit by one of the deatheater's spells. Ignoring Oliver's pleas I ran towards the kid, wand at ready. I shielded the kid with my body. "Protego" Thank Godric for my reflexes, I shielded both of us just in time. The death eater noticed that and came running towards us, pointing their wand at us. I pushed the kid behind me, my wand also ready. "Stupefy!" The death eater flew back and feel to the ground, I looked around for my knight in shining armour, and surprise surprise Oliver was standing there with a death glare and his wand pointed at the fallen death eater. When he saw that they weren't going to stand back up he ran over to us. "Are you two okay?" I nodded and crouched down to be the same height as the kid. "Are you alright?" He nodded, pulling his arms to wrap around himself. "I'm Y/N, what's your name?" He sniffed. "W-William b-b-but I like Will b-better" I nodded. (A/N: WILL-I-AM Only Techno fans will get it 😂) "Will, I need you to run into the forest with the other kids, okay?" "B-but my m-m-mommy-" "I'll make sure to find her, for now I need someone to keep a watch on the other kids, can you do that for me?" He nodded, I gave him a small smile. "Good, now go" He nodded again and ran off into the forest. I stood up. "Let's go" Oliver grabbed my wrist. "Where are you going?" "People aren't going to help themselves" Oliver sighed. "But you could get hurt" I nodded. "I could. But what's the point in being an auror if I won't help others? So you can either stay here, or come with me" He sighed and nodded. "I'm coming with" I nodded back. "C'mon then" (A/N: Y/N is such a badass 😎)

We ran to what we presumed to be the centre of the chaos, stunning a few death eaters on the way. And boy were we right, spells flew left and right between a really coordinated group of death eaters and a much bigger but less coordinated group of wizards. I saw a spell fly towards an unsuspecting read head and I placed myself between them. "Protego" The spell bounced off my shield, I could basically feel the death eater's anger. "Stupefy" They blocked my spell as well, they had fast auditive reflexes, so I decided to not say the spell, there would be less impact but they wouldn't be able to predict my next move. (A/N: Totally not related to the fact that I'm too lazy to search for spells 🙃) Spells flew right and left from that certain death eater until I finally got them flying backwards and into the mud, snapping their wand in half. (A/N: Have you ever heard a twig snapping? For some reason I find that satisfying and I imagine the same sound for when they snap a wand 😂) I walked backwards towards the messed up wizard group, I ended up next to said red head. "Hello Percival, having a nice evening?" Percy scoffed. "Nice to see you too L/N" I blocked a spell directed to Percy and sent one back at them. "What is even the reason for all this?" Percy rolled his eyes sending more spells. "L/N, could we chat later?" I smirked, stunning another death eater. "Right, battle up front" He nodded and ran off to help someone else, I didn't know where Oliver ended up so I was virtually alone.