61.- Yule Ball

Y/N's P.O.V:

It was the night of the Yule Ball, Percy had pestered me for days to know where I live, but I kept arguing that I would meet him outside the castle, he eventually had to agree.

Charlie had come to help me get ready because I apparently 'didn't have a single idea of what party wear was' which she wasn't wrong but it still stung a bit. (A/N: Charlie stings, she's a bee 🐝 bzzzz Sorry my sleep deprived brain is writing 😂) So while she did my hair, I ate some leftover pie. "Excited? I wish I could've gone" I sighed. "Not really. I only agreed because-" "You want to clear Harry's name I know, you've said it. But aren't you just a little excited to go?" I shook my head. "Not really. I would rather stay here and sleep" Charlie scoffed. "You're impossible" I chuckled. "So I've been told" She rolled her eyes and stepped back. "You're all done by the way"  I stood up and went to look at myself in the mirror. (A/N: I ain't describing an outfit 'cause we all have different styles and body types and whatever. So have fun imagining an outfit for the Yule Ball 😉😂) "I don't look half bad" She chuckled. "Of course not. You're super hot, I'm just making the hotness pop" I chuckled. "I better leave now" She nodded. "Me too. I got a date with Harper" I smirked. "Ooooo Harper" She rolled her eyes and blushed. "Tell her I say hi" She rolled her eyes again. "She doesn't even know you" "Well she better if she'll be dating one of my best friends" Charlie laughed. "I'll be sure to tell her then" I finished writing the note I was going to leave for my mum and then walked outside. I still wasn't allowed to apparate inside. "See ya Charlie" "Send me a letter of how it goes" I nodded. "Will do!" We both waved our wands and apparated away.

I landed in Hogsmeade, as close as I could get to the castle. Snow was falling but that was normal at those times of the year. I sighed and began my trek up and towards Hogwarts. The atmosphere was calm, just the sound of my footsteps against the snow, if it wasn't for the bitter cold that surrounded me that would've been catalogued in the most peaceful walks I've ever had. Well until I saw Percy pacing in front of the door. "Calm your horses Percival, I'm here" He scoffed. "First of all my name isn't-" I raised my hand. "Let's just go in" Percy sighed and extended his hand to me. "What? Do I owe you money or something?" He rolled his eyes. "Take it so I can escort you inside" I scoffed, pushing his hand away. "I don't need no escort" "But you're supposed to-" I glared at him harder than I have ever glared at someone in my life. "Care to finish that sentence" His eyes widened and he shook his head, I smirked. "That's what I thought" I swiftly turned around and walked inside, hearing Percy's rushed steps behind me. (A/N: Badass bitch Y/N behaviour pog 😌 And whoever thought we liked Percy here was terribly wrong 🙃😂)

From what I knew of the castle, I supposed the ball would be held in the great hall. And I was proved correct when I came across it and it was decorated like a snowy wonderland. "You still there Weasley? I found the place" I heard a scoff next to me, he had caught up. "If you had waited for me I could've told you this" I rolled my eyes and Percy tried walking forwards but I blocked his path. "That's it. What the fuck is wrong with you? You used to be fun to hang around with, now you're just a total prick" (A/N: It happened again, I had to write two sentences 4 times 😖😖😖) He scoffed. "Of course I'm not. I've always been like this" I sighed. "No you haven't Percy" He sighed. "I grew up Y/N, that's what happened" I scoffed. "Well how about one night you age back down. I would actually like to enjoy my night. Deal?" He nodded. "Fine" I smirked. "Then old Percy, let's go have fun" He sighed and I walked in first.

Percy quietly guided from behind all the way to the table where the teachers were sat. Some students were already inside, with me greeting a couple of them. I was talking to a now fifth year when Percy interrupted our conversation, indirectly. "Professor Dumbledore, a pleasure to see you again" Dumbledore laughed, his usual airy laugh. "It is nice to see you too Percy, Y/N" I nodded in acknowledgment, the fifth year now long gone. "I am here to represent the Minister" Dumbledore nodded. "Of course I was starting to wonder why Crouch wasn't showing up" Percy adjusted his suit, his smug look from before our 'talk' was coming back. "Yes, you see I am his entrusted-" "Miss L/N, how nice it is to see you again" He extended his hand for me to shake, and I did. Even Dumbledore didn't want to listen to Percy's rant, couldn't blame him. "Hello Professor" He smiled under his thick beard. "I got to say, I was not expecting your presence at all" I chuckled. "Yes, me neither. But apparently this big red headed buffoon needed a date" Dumbledore laughed and I could see out of the corner of my eye McGonnagall glaring at me. Sometimes I was glad I wasn't a Gryffindor. She could be terrifying at times. "It's a shame you and mister Wood didn't last. I put a great amount of money on that bet" I chuckled. "Actually we're still dating. This dance with Percy is more of a favour for him" Dumbledore smiled again. "Say, if you could get engaged in the next year or two that would be marvellous" I chuckled. "No promises Professor" We both laughed and he walked away to talk with some other teacher, Percy was talking to another lad that I didn't recognize. (A/N: I just wanted an excuse to use the word lad 😂)