64.-Justice

Y/N's P.O.V:

"Miss L/N I'm sorry to interrupt" I sniffled and pulled away from Oliver's chest, I could tell he wanted to cry too but kept his strength for me. Dumbledore stood in front of us, somehow as calm as ever, but I could see the sorrow behind his eyes. "I believe we will require your auror services" I nodded, whipping away the last remains of my tears. "Of course, what can I do to help?" He smiled slightly and motioned for me to follow him, I gave Oliver an apologetic look, he smiled back. "It's alright, I'll be here waiting for you when you're done" I nodded and gave him a quick kiss, leaning our foreheads together. "I love you" "I love you too" And with one last look I ran after Dumbledore. (A/N: I just realized I had an irl crush named Oliver but since I said it in Spanish and they sound different I never correlated the two 🤣)

"What is happening, Professor?" "I have reason to believe that there is an intruder among us" (A/N: Among us? Sus? Dang Jack Manifold has ruined my humour) I gulped. "We're they the ones-who-um-" "Killed Mister Diggory?" I gulped again and nodded. I could feel the tears pricking my eyes but I refused to let them out, I would cry more later, right now Dumbledore needed help. "No. But I believe they may have something to do with it" I nodded, deciding to keep my questions for myself. Knowing Dumbledore he was a very secretive man, everything you needed to know you would learn with the passing of time, the privileges of being a patient person, you had all the time in the world to do everything.

We turned into another hallway and were met with the heads of houses standing outside the office for the defence against the dark arts teacher. Now that I thought of it I hadn't met the teacher of that year, I knew Lupin had quitted but I hadn't seen the new one. "Albus, we didn't deem it fit to enter without you" He nodded towards McGonnagall calmly, taking out his wand, the rest of us followed suit. "Has there been any noise?" Flitwick shook his head. "As quiet as a mouse" He nodded. "A silencing charm?" Flitwick nodded. "I suspect as much" He then turned to me. "Miss L/N if you would please wait outside, we will come get you when your services are required. Your proximity with the situation might deem it unfit for you to attend earlier" I nodded and all the teachers burst through the door, Dumbledore's words still spinning in my head.

Proximity to the situation? That meant that someone I knew was related to the issue at hand. I was only close to a handful of people. Oliver, my mum, Harry, the Weasleys, Hermione, Charlie and Angelina. My mum obviously wasn't it, she's not a wizard she couldn't even put her foot in Hogwarts. Charlie was in some exotic date with Harper, so probably not her. Angelina and Hermione were outside with the cluster of Weasleys, that were all together. Oliver was outside as well, unless he could apparate (which was impossible inside Hogwarts) or took a short cut (which again couldn't happen since we took the fastest shortcut), so that only left Harry. It must've been something related to whatever happened inside the maze and with Cedric's death, unless he was in some other sort of trouble, which knowing Harry wasn't impossible.

Before I could ponder more McGonnagall came out quickly. "Miss L/N you may enter now" I nodded as she strode last me. "Professor, where are you heading?" She sighed. "I'm going to go get Madam Pomfrey" And without another word trotted away. If she was searching for Pomfrey that meant someone was hurt, how I hoped it wasn't Harry, though after the maze, I would not be surprised. I turned the doorknob and entered, clutching my wand. I entered to a scene I was not expecting.

An unconscious man in his undergarments in fetal position in the corner, being consoled by Professor Sprout. Another man with scrawny brown hair was shaking in the middle, with clothes way too big for him, a staff and a thing that had an eye in it. Dumbledore, Flitwick and Snape were pointing their wands at him, and Harry was in the corner panting, clutching his arm which at first sight seemed alright. "Miss L/N, glad of you to join us. May I introduce you to Barty Crouch Junior" I looked confusedly at Dumbledore, unconsciously raising my wand to point it at him as well. "Barty Crouch? As in the Minister?" (A/N: Random note: Wilbur singing flat in sex sells gives me serotonin for no reason 😂) Dumbledore nodded. "Correct. This Miss L/N is his son. Who in case you weren't aware is a death eater" My grip tightened on my wand and I glared at him. "Pull your sleeve up" Exhaustedly he did as he was asked. Sure enough, there was the dark mark. A snake crossing a skull. I gulped. "Now you see why we required your services" I nodded. "May I do my job Professor?" He nodded and I trapped his hands together. He seemed a little out of it, they must've given him a potion before I came in, probably veritaserum. (A/N: I'm inventing this part but it'll sound cool) "Barty Crouch Junior you are under arrest for being in allegiance with You-Know-Who. By Minister's orders you are being sent to Azkaban with no trials in court. Do you wish to confess to any other crimes to cleanse your soul?" His head hung low as I forced him up. "I killed him....I killed him" I looked confusedly at Dumbledore and he motioned me to continue. "Killed who?" "Barty Crouch....my father.....the Minister" I gulped. "Did you receive any help in the matter?" He drowsily nodded. "From who?" I was growing impatient, I just wanted to stay as far away from him as possible, if he had no trouble killing his dad he would definitely have no trouble killing all of us. After all they say, that whoever can kill the ones closest to them are capable of doing anything. (A/N: I don't even think that's a real saying but idc it is now 🙃) "House elf....the house elf.....Winky" My eyes widened. "How did this house elf help you?" I didn't exactly blame the house elf. House elves were tasked with helping their masters at all costs or they have to punish themselves, it's gruesome but it's the truth. So judging by the help he received, he must've been the master. "She...she...helped impersonate.....my father" It clicked in my mind, why Crouch wasn't showing up anywhere, why Percy was receiving orders from letters and not in person. It wasn't Crouch, it was Junior giving the orders. Oh how I would tease Percy with that, receiving orders from a death eater. The media will have a field day. "We'll check in with the house elf later. For now Mister Crouch, you're coming with me" He drowsily walked towards the door with me pushing him, whatever they gave him was strong. I was so glad I wasn't on Snape's bad side. "Is there anything else that I should know Professor?" Dumbledore shook his head. "I'm sure he's exposed all of his important crimes. I'll make sure to inform Mister Wood about your whereabouts" I nodded. "Thank you Professor" I gave Harry a quick reassuring smile and pushed Crouch out of the room.