6.-Cuddles and Friends

Y/N's P.O.V:
The Ravenclaw common room was bursting with excitement, everyone congratulated me except for the annoying trio: Alice, Charlie and Dianne. They instead decided to glare at me but I didn't mind. I was in the middle of taking with a fellow teammate when the trio walked over. "Hello Y/N, Congratulations" I raised an eyebrow towards her as the teammate left, she was never nice to me unless I gave her info about Oliver which wasn't often. "Thanks Alice" "What she meant was congratulations for ending up in Oliver's arms" And that was precisely why I didn't talk to them. "Trust me if I could've avoided it I would've" "Are you sure you're even a girl?" My blood boiled at that question. "And what do you mean by that?" "Well you don't fancy anyone, are you a lesbian?" All three of them gasped suppressing a laugh. I glared at all of them and left the common room. I didn't mind being called a lesbian but it annoyed me that just because I didn't like what they did they just assumed everything. I didn't even notice where I was going until I arrived to my spot, there was still a light kind of rain, when I approached I noticed someone else sitting there, Oliver. I quietly sat next to him and looked at the black lake. "Thanks again for the save" "No problem" Something smelled weird to me and it wasn't the rain. "Wood si you just fart?" He looked confusedly at me. "No I didn't, why do you say that?" "It smells weird" "what do you smell?" "Wet dog" We both laughed and I shivered. "What are you doing out here Wood?" "I needed some alone time so I wouldn't drown myself in the shower" I looked at him with a shocked expression. "I won't lie Wood I'm a terrible listener, but do you want to talk about it?" He nodded and placed his head on my shoulder, seeing as he was shattered I didn't complain. "I let Davies get inside my head and let a bunch of goals in" "He better not have told you that I would take of my shirt if we won" He laughed slightly. "No it was-another thing but I still let him in, I didn't stop him and then I couldn't focus on quidditch and then we lost" I rested my head on his head. "If it's any consolation you would've lost either way. I'm that good at quidditch" He laughed and sat up. "Thanks for the consolation" I smiled and shivered once more, Oliver noticed and placed his arm around me warming me up. "And what are you doing out here in the cold, haven't had enough rain?" I laughed. "Clearly, but seriously your fan club annoys me" He scoffed. "I don't have a fan club" Now I scoffed. "You should really pay more attention Wood" I turned to look directly at him, our faces inches a part. "Who know maybe you'll find something you didn't know you were looking for" "Yeah" his voice was barley above a whisper as he started leaning in, I noticed and panicked so I stood up and he turned away blushing. "I better get back, see ya around Wood" He nodded and I ran back into the castle, that was the most awkward moment I ever had.
Oliver's P.O.V:
Y/N had just left and I wouldn't have been surprised if she never talked to me again. I tried to kiss her, and failed miserably, bet the twins are laughing now. I walked back straight to my dorm and flopped head first onto my bed groaning. "Keep the complaining to a minimum Wood" I mumbled from under my pillow. "Sorry" "It was just a game Oliver" "I'm not groaning because of the game" I heard Percy snap his book shut. "So what are you complaining about?" "I tried to kiss her" "A-and?" "And I wouldn't be complaining if it had actually happened" My accent was more noticeable than ever, I groaned and hid under the pillow once more, Percy places a comforting hand on my shoulder. "You just need some sleep mate" I nodded and he left, I didn't even bother changing and I immediately fell asleep.
I was flying in the middle of a game and saw a body falling, I flew as fast as I could to catch it and I did, it was a girl with H/C hair, she seemed terrified, she snuggled into my chest, and I placed an arm around her pulling her closer, I leaned in and whispered into her ear "I've got you" she snuggled even deeper into my robes and I flew down. I helped her off my broom and finally had a good look at her face, she had beautiful E/C eyes and her H/C was soaked, then I recognized her, it was Y/N. "Thanks Wood" I smiled comfortingly. "No problem" She took a step closer our bodies now touching. "How can I repay you?" I was blushing furiously. "It-it isn't necessary" She cupped my cheek with her hand and placed her other hand behind my neck. Our lips now inches apart. "Are you sure?" She started leaning in and out lips brushed, and just when we were going to kiss, I woke up.
Y/N's P.O.V:
Months later the final quidditch math arrived. (A/N: Sorry for so much quidditch but that's basically the only interesting thing left for this year). We were playing against Slytherin and Davies wanted to apply the same tactic he used on Oliver last match, and it was up to me to talk some sense into him. The morning of the match I sat in front of him as he ate. "You can't use that tactic Davies" He slouched. "Morning to you too Y/N" "It's not going to work, Flint isn't Wood, he won't take the bait he-" "It's too late L/N, I already did it" "WHAT?!" I screamed so loud that the whole hall heard, but I didn't care. "What did you tell him Davies?!" Davies's looked around and smiled nervously, he talked through gritted teeth. "L/N sit down and let me explain" For once in my life I listened to him. "Now what did you-" my voice was calmer now but we were interrupted by the Ravenclaw beater sitting down next to Davies. "He agreed" "Agreed to what?!" Davies nodded and rolled his eyes. "I made an offer, you go on a date with Flint if he lets us win" My eyes widened in shock" "I WHAT!" "It's just a date L/N!" "I don't care, I'm not going out with-" "I'M THE CAPTAIN AN YOU'LL DO AS I SAY" I huffed with tears in me eyes, I was about to punch Davies but then I thought of an even better plan. I stormed off and started walking towards the pitch, someone bumped into me and I didn't even bother looking at who it was. I reached the locker rooms before anyone else and started changing, then I noticed a paper fall out of my pocket, I picked it up and read it.
Don't worry, I know you'll win :)
-Oliver Wood
I wanted to rip the paper into a million pieces or at least roll my eyes at his cheesiness, but I couldn't so instead I placed it between my robes. The team entered and changes listening to Davies's speech. I still glared at him, he seemed like he wanted to apologize before we began the game but I positioned myself ready to play, Flint smirked towards me and I internally gagged. Madam Hooch blew her whistle and I immediately went over to the Slytherin seeker. "Oi the snitch is all yours" The seeker rolled his eyes. "I have orders to not catch the snitch" I rolled my eyes back. "And I'm not catching it either so we have a problem" He groaned and flew away.
Shortly after our little chat the snitch appeared, we both chased after it and just as I was about to catch it he started slowing down, but I grabbed his arm discreetly and made him catch the snitch before me. He noticed what had happened and jabbed the snitch into my chest, I handed it back to him and this game continued until Madam Hooch stopped us. "Now who caught the snitch?" "She did Madam Hooch" I acted out innocence. "As much as I would've liked that, he caught it" Madam Hooch scoffed and then muttered a quick spell to check who had caught it first (A/N: I don't know how they check that but that's what I assumed anyways back to the story) "Slytherin has won!" I tried to not smirk as Ravenclaw walked back to the locker room, Flint looked defeated and extremely angry at the poor seeker boy. Davies caught up with me. "I know you had something to do with the fact that he caught the snitch" I smirked towards him. "Don't ever tell me what to do or decide for me" I walked faster still with a smirk.
I took a quick shower and walked around the halls happily, luckily everyone was too caught up to notice except for Oliver. "Why are you so happy? you just lost" I walked in front and placed both of my hands on his shoulders, which for some reason made him blush. "I just love revenge" He raised an eyebrow. "So that whole loss was on purpose?" I winked and placed a finger on my lips and then walked away happily.
Weeks later the year was finally over (A/N: Sorry if I'm skipping a lot but trust me you're going to love these parts ;-)) I was walking around the train looking for an empty compartment but someone caught my arm before I continued my search, I turned around and faced Davies, I glared at him I was still mad at the whole Flint situation. "What do you-" "I'm sorry" I raised my eyebrow and nodded so he knew that he could continue. "I wasn't thinking, I should've been a better captain and not only care about winning but also about playing fair" I smiled. "Apology nearly accepted, but I'm still mad" I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm once more, he had a somber expression on his face. "I resigned as captain" My eyes widened in shock. "Why?" He looked at the floor. "I'm not fit to be a captain, but you are" I was feeling multiple emotions and I didn't even know how to express them. "W-wha-what are you saying?" He smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You'll see next year. Enjoy your holidays Y/N" He walked off, but I stayed there in shock, I only snapped out of my daze when I saw a group of third years coming my way so I slowly started walking backwards until I bumped into someone, I turned around to apologize but I noticed who I bumped into. "We have to stop bumping into each other in the train" Oliver raised his hands in surrender while smiling. "It's your fault" We both laughed. "Well you'll have to get to your friends, so I'll leave you alone Wood" I was going to walk away but Wood stopped me. "Thats actually what I wanted to talk to you about" Before I could argue he grabbed my hand and started pulling me through the train until we stopped at a compartment with Johnson, the Weasley twins and Percy Weasley, I knew exactly what he was going to do, I tried stopping him but he was stronger and he yanked open the door. "Hey guys this is Y/N L/N, those are George, Fred and Percy Weasley, and I believe you've already met Angelina Johnson. I smiled sarcastically and glared at Wood. "A word Wood?" I walked off and I heard him shut the door behind him. "What are you even thinking Wood?" I whispered-yelled. "Nothing" I crossed my arms. "Don't act all innocent I know what you're trying to do. You want me to make friends" He bit his lip and nodded I was about to storm off but something stopped me, maybe it was the fact that I did want friends or the fact that someone other than my mother was worrying about me. "Just this once I know you'll love it" I scoffed. "Wanna bet?" (A/N: REFERENCEEEE lol I'm so crazy) He smirked. "Alright" I nodded and started thinking, I needed something that he would never ever leave, the thing he loved the most in this world... "If I don't like it you quit the quidditch team entirely" He tensed up but nodded, I couldn't believe it he was willing risk quidditch. I had to admit Gryffindor was going to have quite a loss after he lost the bet. "If you do like it I get to choose who you kiss" I tensed up even more and had to bite my lip so I wouldn't blush and storm off. "I regret telling you that now" I whispered he smiled and held his hand out. "Deal?" I grabbed his hand and shook it slowly. "Deal" We walked back into the compartment and I sat next to window on the left side, beside me was Oliver and next to him was Angelina, in front of us where all the Weasleys, they all started chatting and I just stared out the window. "Is it true?" I looked at one of the twins who was really close now, I pushed him back and crossed my arms. "Is what true?" "That you are as evil as You-know-who" Oliver tensed up next to me and looked like he was about to punch him but the rest of the compartment stared at me with curiosity. "No-" They all sighed. "I'm worse" I smirked and both twins started laughing with the whole compartment soon joining in. "I like you" Both twins said and they started playfully fighting to who liked me more I couldn't help but laugh slightly. We kept talking and talking until a certain question popped up. "So Y/N what are your hobbies besides quidditch?" Both Angelina and I laughed. "Noth-" "She's a really good singer" I glared at Oliver, tensing up. "Really?" I started blushing furiously and avoided everyone's gaze. "I've heard her, she's really amazing" Oliver smiled but I curled up into a ball still avoiding everyone's gaze. "Shut up Oliver" "Sing us something L/N" I glared at both twins and they smirked, I looked around the compartment nervously, until my eyes landed on Oliver's and he gave me a small nod. I slowly and quietly started singing (A/N: Just imagine you're singing your favourite song, mine is Sit Still Look Pretty by Daya not that you care or anything, anyways back to the book) When I finished everyone in the compartment started cheering and clapping, I turned scarlet and hid my face in my knees. I felt something warm in my back and jut decided to ignore it. I finally looked up and everyone was smirking and laughing at how red I had turned, or that's what I thought apparently they were smirking at Oliver's hand on my back, which none of us dared move. We were laughing and then the twins had the brilliant idea of playing truth or dare, but I rejected the idea and instead fell asleep.
Oliver's P.O.V:
Y/N fell asleep and we began the game of truth or dare. George began the game. "Angelina, truth or dare?" She smirked. "Dare" George smirked back. "I dare you to go to one of the Slytherin compartments and confess your undying love for one of them" She stood up. "You really like torturing George" She left the compartment and we went back to talking amongst ourselves until she returned, when she did she sat down next to me and looked at Fred, "Fred, truth or truth ?" "I thought we were playing truth or dare?" "We are but you always pick dare, so let's switch it up" Fred groaned. "Fiineee" "Have you transfigured any of your brothers things?" Fred scoffed. "What kind of rubbish question is that? Of course I have" "He transfigured my potions book last week" Percy said from behind his book. We all laughed at Percy's seriousness. "Wood, truth or dare?" I took a deep breath. "Dare" Fred smirked and I knew that whatever dare he picked it would be Y/N related. "Dare you to make Y/N cuddle with you" And there it was. "She's asleep" His smirk grew wider. "When we're asleep we cuddle into the first thing we grab, Weasley tested" I whispered. "If only you put as much effort in your studies as in your dares" "Oi I heard that" We all laughed and I scooted over to Y/N, I carefully turned her head to rest on my shoulder, she started stirring and I was afraid that I had woken her up but instead she grabbed my waist and started cuddling into my chest, I slowly placed my arm around her turning as red as a tomato, everyone was smirking and I glared at them. "Shut it. Percy truth or Dare?"
Y/N's P.O.V:
I woke up in a comfortable heat, my eyes were still closed but I quite enjoyed how I was feeling, even the smell was pleasant. I hugged even harder since I didn't want to wake up but I heard faint voices. "I think she's waking up" "I wonder what her reaction will be when she discovers she's cuddling with Wood" Cuddling? Wood? I then realized what I was doing and slowly opened my eyes, and surely enough I was cuddling with Wood, he was asleep as well but I didn't care I immediately jumped out of his grasp and he woke up. I punched his arm. "What the hell Wood!" He rubbed his eyes and then looked at me, he turned scarlet. "I-It was Fred's dare" Fred raised his hands. "Don't blame me pal you did it" I pulled both of their ears. And they winced. I grabbed my things and went to change into my muggle clothing. (same outfit than the first chapter) I came back and everyone was already out of their robes, I sat down again and we started talking again, Oliver and me keeping as much distance from each other as possible.
We all stepped onto the platform and I started walking towards the barrier but again Oliver stopped me. "I think I won the bet" I sighed and nodded. "All right Wood you won" He smirked and left towards two adults, which I assumed were his parents. I ran through the barrier and sure enough there was my mom with tired eyes but a huge smile, I ran to her and immediately hugged her she hugged back happily holding back tears, we finally let go. "How was your year sweetheart?" I smiled. "I'll tell you about it later" "See ya L/N" I turned around and saw Oliver waving with his parents nodding respectfully, my mom nodded back and I waved back lightly, my mom leaned into my ear. "Is that your boyfriend?" "MOOOM" We both laughed and walked to another train to get back home.
Word count: 3249
A/N: I did it two chapters in a day!!!! 4th year is over and next year Harry finally arrives let's see how it goes, I have some real good plans. Thanks for reading!!