76.- Love Sprouts From Death

Y/N's P.O.V:

The happiness and joy that was Charlie and Harper's wedding soon vanished when Death Eaters started havoc again. They weren't just attacking the wizarding community anymore, they were going after the muggles as well, who had no way of defending themselves against their deathly spells. We had to work overtime most days of the week to repair the damage they had caused as to not reveal our secret. But it was damn bloody hard.

With all the overtime I only saw Oliver for three minutes before crashing and doing the same routine over and over again. Unless it was my day off, but normally my day off and Oliver's day off didn't land on the same day. I was honestly worried for our relationship, he seemed more down and lost in his own thoughts at the small moments I saw him. What if he was having second thoughts about being with me? After all we did move in together to see if we would work out. And so far the experiment seemed to be failing.

To reflect my gloomy and thinking mood, it started raining, a thunderstorm to be more precise. One that made the windows thrash and my blood run cold. Oh and of course no electricity, so my entertainment was based off a small ball of light I created and the bouquet of flowers I caught at Charlie's wedding. She said that if I caught it, it meant I was getting married next. But I didn't really believe in superstition, and especially when my relationship was falling apart.

A knock, well triple knock. I gotta hand it to people, they apparently love walking around in thunderstorms and making me want to shit my pants out of fear. (A/N: Ew no bring back annoying Mexican Spotify ad dude....this lady sounds like such a bitch 😂) "Coming!" One would think that being a wizard you would take full advantage of the gifts bestowed upon you, in Tonk's case, she didn't. She was standing at my doorstep, dripping wet with the pouring rain still falling onto her. "Tonks! Come inside, you're freezing" She nodded and brushed past me, she was shivering. And no wonder considering every single body part was covered in ice cold water or clothing soaked in ice cold water. "H-H-Hi Y/N" I summoned my wand as I rubbed Tonks' arm, hoping to warm her up at least a little. "Hey Tonks. Awfully chilly innit?" She chuckled. The first real laugh I had gotten out of her in a while, it was refreshing to see her smile again, even if she was on the verge of hypothermia. I dried her off with my wand in mere seconds and she seemed to stop shivering as violently. "What are you doing here in the middle of a thunderstorm with no wand?" She shrugged, rubbing her arms to keep body warmth. "I actually did bring a wand but thought it would be more dramatic of an apology if I was soaking wet" I chuckled, preparing a cup of tea for Tonks and guiding her towards the sofa. She seemed better than the last time I saw her, at least now her hair had some sort of colour, a royal blue. "Well I don't know what you're apologizing for, but if you nearly died because of it, apology accepted" She chuckled sitting on the couch, I floated the two cups of tea towards us, hoping it would warm her up even more.

"I came to apologize about how much of a bitch I was after Sirius died. It wasn't your fault and I shouldn't have treated you as if it was" I shrugged, taking a sip out of the steaming hot mug. It burnt my tongue but I needed some sort of distracting action. "Don't worry about it. You weren't the only one who thought about it that way" I stared into the depths of the cup, seeing my reflection in the milky water, with slightly darker specs of sugar. "Harry will come to his senses eventually. Besides I only blamed you because I didn't want to face the truth about why I was sad" I sat crossed legged on the sofa, staring directly at Tonks who had mimicked my previous actions with her own cup. "Do tell" She took a deep breath, Tonks wasn't normally the person to stop and collect her thoughts, but in that moment she did. It must've been a hard topic for her to talk about. "How about I show you?" I shrugged and she stood up, standing right in front of the TV, her wand raised. She was going to cast a spell, but I wasn't sure on which one or why, or even how that spell would have been so important that it caused her that much conflict. "Expecto Patronus" I got ready for her hare patronus to bounce around, but it never came. In its place came out a silver wolf who stared at me dead in the eyes. Tonks' patronus had changed, she met her soulmate. I had heard rumours about patronus changing, I even knew my supervisor's story. But it was shocking to see in real life. The question was, who was Tonks matching with? Who else had a wolf patronus? And so it hit me. "Lupin. You're in love with Lupin" She nodded and the patronus vanished into thin air. It all made sense looking back, every time he was near Tonks started stuttering more than normal, she became even clumsier and quieter. She was embarrassed. Everything made sense. "Does he return the feelings?" Stupid question, of course he did. Otherwise the patronus wouldn't have changed. She sighed and sat back down, pulling her knees closer to her chest, the cup of now cold tea resting against her kneecaps. "He does. But he's scared with the whole werewolf thing. I don't know how to get to him" I took another sip of my tea, trying to think like Lupin. If I was him and I was scared of hurting the person I love, I'd just need reassurance and someone who's very persistent since it would be obvious I wouldn't chase after them. Seemed like good enough advice. (A/N: Totally not doing all this drama 'cause I forgot when Lupin and Tonks got married 🤪 But you've been here long enough to know that my timelines are off as fuck 😎) "Just show him that you don't care. And don't give him the opportunity to back out, otherwise he will and who knows when you'll get him out again" She nodded, downing the rest of her drink in one swift motion. "Thanks for the talk and advice Y/N" I smiled sideways hugging Tonks. It was nice getting one of my best friends back. (A/N: I have the air conditioner on and it's still hot someone send help I will die like a roasted chicken 😵) "I gotta go" And she apparated as soon as I let go of her, she didn't even wait to be outside, she just left a mess of a living room. I really hoped Lupin accepts her as his girlfriend, otherwise the turned table and loop side decor was really a waste of time. "Your funeral Tonks"