23.- The Duel

Y/N's P.O.V:

Weeks since my birthday (which was awesome) and now quidditch season started, which meant we got the quidditch obsessed Oliver back, and that also meant we spent less time together. From what Harry and the twins told me Oliver was torturing them by waking them up super early to train, I pitied the Gryffindors.

That day I decided to watch the Gryffindor practice (captains were allowed to watch), when the twins caught up with me. "L/N!" I knew what they were going to ask, to snog Oliver so he would go a little easier on them, what they didn't know is that I was already snogging him and they had the relaxed version of Oliver. "Y/N/N!" (A/N: That means your nickname, if you don't have one you can just create one, mine is nerd girl (my best friend calls me that sometimes 😂)) I turned around with a confused look on my face. "What?" They both smirked but George ended up explaining. "We thought you needed a nickname, hence Y/N/N" I nodded and kept walking. "Say Y/N/N, how are you feeling today?" I scoffed as they both placed their arms around my shoulders. "I'm not snogging Wood so that he goes easier on you" They groaned and retracted their arms from my shoulders. "Also, aren't you two late to practice?" I pointed at the clock on the wall, they looked at each other and began running, Oliver was going to skin them alive. I laughed and kept walking calmly towards the pitch.

I saw Ron and Hermione sitting waiting for practice to start, I sat behind them. "Hello" Hermione left her daze caused by the book in front of her and smiled towards me. "Hello Y/N" I leaned closer, Ron muttered a quick hello still trying to look at the practice. "I thought you weren't a fan of quidditch Hermione" She shrugged turning the page on her book. "I'm just here to support Harry" I nodded and looked at the team of Gryffindors, they were getting a pep talk by Oliver, poor them. "You're bloody mental for not liking quidditch" Hermione shut the book loudly. "Well forgive me for not liking a sport where you can fall from 50 feet in the air and die!" And that started the heated argument between Ron and Hermione. "There are teachers watching, besides we can heal broken bones in a second!" Hermione stood up glaring at Ron. "Well in case you needed a reminder Ron I grew up in the muggle world, were you can't heal a broken bone with just a wave of your wand!" Ron scoffed.  "Y/N is a muggleborn too and she still likes quidditch" Hermione turned to me frustrated. "Back me up here Y/N" I shrugged. "Well I grew up hearing stories about witches that flew on their brooms, and I wanted to be one, and now I get the chance. So, sorry 'Mione" She groaned frustrated and sat down, opening her book again. "Fine! Gang up on me" They both fell silence and I started laughing. "People think Wood and I should be the ones snogging, I reckon it should be you two! You already agregue like a married couple either way!" They looked at each other, blushing might I add. "GROSS" They exclaimed at the same time and turned back to their usual activities, their blush not faltering. I knew those two would end up together some day. "Are those Slytherins?" I stood up and looked over to were Ron was pointing, and they were right the Slytherin team was all standing there glaring at the Gryffindor team. "Let's go see what that's about" They both nodded and we walked down to the pitch.

"You got a new seeker?" I could hear Oliver's annoyance, I can admit he is scary when he's angry. As we approached I saw Malfoy step over to the front, now Harry must've been fuming. "Malfoy? You're the new seeker?" He nodded smirking. "That's right. You like the new brooms Potter?" (A/N: I do not remember the exact lines sorry 😐 but that seems close enough? 😅) They showed off their brooms, they were Nimbus's 2001, for the whole team, the season was about to get a whole lot harder. I wasn't even paying attention to the conversation until Hermione spoke. "Well at least they didn't need to buy they way in the Gryffindor team, they got in on pure talent" I smirked towards Flint, who was glaring at Hermione. "Let's not forget they didn't kiss McGonnagall's shoes to have the chance at flying up on a stick" The whole team was fuming while the Gryffindors laughed at our sassy remarks. "No one asked for your opinions mudbloods" My expression froze, I was consumed by anger at that point, but I wasn't going to punch a 12 year-old, Hermione on the other hand looked confused, that was a first. Oliver didn't seem to get the memo of no punching a 12 year-old because the twins, Angelina and Alice had to hold him back, but no one held back Ron and he went up to Malfoy. "You'll pay for that Malfoy! Eat slugs!" A loud bang was heard and Ron flew backwards, the Slytherins started roaring with laughter. "Ron, are you okay?" He didn't get a chance to reply since a slug came out of his mouth, I gagged while the Slytherins laughed even harder.