73.- Hatred Is Laced With Reunions (Book 6)

Y/N's P.O.V:

Sirius' death affected some more than others, and the ones who were affected dealt with the grief differently. In my case, I buried myself in my work. Since the bullshit minister got fired for not acknowledging Voldemort's return, the auror department was working after hours to catch all of the escaped Death Eaters, and I was not complaining, I needed a distraction. Besides, I was determined to find that blue eyed Death Eater that had a pretty big grudge against me. Tonks on the other hand hadn't showed up to work at all, she said she was taking some time off to grieve, after all they were cousins or distant cousins...the point is that they were related. I had only seen her a handful of times when she turned up at my doorstep crying her heart out into my shoulder, then falling asleep on the sofa, and disappearing the next morning. She was one of the people who took it the hardest. I also hadn't heard of Harry since, no letter or word from anyone, but I decided to give him some time. We all know he needed it.

"L/N" I looked upwards from my paperwork, staring right at my superior. "Yes sir?" He went through his clipboard that had the assignments of the day, oh goodie I was getting out of the office. "You're on Hogwarts duty with Tonks" The Ministry had decided to dispatch protection services towards Hogwarts as so no Death Eater could get inside and attack students. But it's not like they would try anything, most of them had studied there and knew what all the professors were capable of, especially Dumbledore. For Godric's sake even I was scared of Dumbledore, he was a very powerful man. "Excuse me sir, I thought Tonks was on a sabbatical" He shrugged, flipping over his papers once again. "She's back now. You better hurry, she's already waiting" I nodded and he left. The last time I saw Tonks she was nowhere near the mental stability she needed to be at to work. But it wasn't my choice and I couldn't force her to do anything, all I could do was support her and hope she gets through the dark times. (A/N: I'm gonna cry when I have to kill Tonks...I seriously live for this friendship 🥺)

The Death Eaters had began ransacking different stores over the course of a few months, they were losing fear and that was never good. There was also the rumour that some dementors had gone rouge and went to Voldemort's side, but I couldn't confirm it, but how I wished the rumours were wrong...Because of the ransacks, Hogsmeade had closed everything off, it was deserted. Even the three broomsticks wasn't fully operational, it was a sad sight. All the colour and livelihood of the place was replaced by a grey and grim atmosphere. Seeing as I was already late I thought taking a detour wasn't as bad either way, so I went to that old bookstore I used to go back when I was in Hogwarts. A whole lifetime ago. The windows were boarded up and the door was covered with different issues of newspapers. I pushed the door open and the bell rang across the room.

The fireplace was out, and some windows on the top floor were broken, letting cold air inside. Dust swirled everywhere and books littered the floor, no sign of life, all that was left to confirm that someone ever owned the place was a scraped up note at the desk.

To whomever finds this,
This was a safe space for us all, my loneliness was masked with all these books and they were my entire life. Each soul that passes through the door automatically became my family, and if you are one of those children. I thank you, because you brightened my day without knowing it.

Each present section is dedicated to them, to the love we shared for books and their knowledge. I did as best I could to find your desired dusty escape, they are all marked, it can't be lost.

I was forced to leave, they wanted my knowledge. They chased me in until I had all but one escape. I beg, do not shed tears for me, nor should you open the door to the back, no matter how rotten the smell may be, leave that to a Ministry official. Either way, my time was soon to come, I just rushed it a few years.