38.- Hufflepuff v.s Gryffindor

Y/N's P.O.V:

To take my mind of Angelina's atrocious date, the match between Slytherin and Gryffindor came closer and closer. I barley saw them, but when I did they were exhausted and kept complaining that Oliver was working them way too hard. The twins even begged me to attend a practice so that he would go easier on them, I still didn't understand his logic, but nevertheless I went to a practice the day before the game.

And they weren't exaggerating, he was shouting orders left and right, brooms zooming past. Harry was using my tactic of just observing the pitch, or maybe he was exhausted. So I shifted my attention towards the plays they were doing. They were going surprisingly offensive, they usually played defensive with Slytherin since they always did offensive. If they played offensive vs offensive they would definitely loose, Slytherin was way stronger. And I shouldn't have said anything and let them lose but I called Harry over either way. He quickly checked on Oliver who wasn't paying attention to him and flew over. "Hey Y/N" I smiled. "Hey Harry. How's everything? Oliver working you guys too hard?" He shrugged and nodded, I chuckled. "How did you know?" I chuckled again. "The twins have begged me to snog Oliver to see if he would calm down" It was his turn to chuckle. "He's very stressed" I leaned closer to Harry. "That's what I wanted to ask about. Why are you guys going so offensive? No offence but Slytherin is way stronger than you guys" He looked quickly at Oliver, he was distracted yelling at Fred and George for playing with the bludger. "Malfoy is apparently still hurt, so we're playing against Hufflepuff" I sighed. "Madam Pomfrey said he was fine. I talked to her just yesterday after taking a first year there" He shrugged. "He's a coward" I sighed and nodded. "So you're playing Hufflepuff now?" He nodded. I bit my lip. "You're in for a hard one Harry. Hate to say it but Diggory's good" He sighed. "HARRY WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING! SEARCH FOR THE BLOODY SNITCH" I chuckled at Oliver's anger and Harry sighed. "I better leave" I nodded. "Try to cut off the snitch, don't just chase after it. Predict it's patterns" Harry smiled gratefully and just as he was about to leave Oliver flew to us. "I ALREADY SAW THE SNITCH TWICE! WHAT EVEN ARE YOU-" Oliver turned to me, his face softened. "L/N? What are you doing here?" The twins were right, he did go soft with me. But I was never going to admit that out loud. "Saving poor Harry here from your rage parade" He looked down embarrassed and I nodded to Harry who understood the message and flew away. "You need to chill Wood. Your team is Teo steps away from using an unforgivable curse on you" He sighed rubbing the back of neck sheepishly. "I-it's just that this is my last year to get this cup" I sighed and stood up so we were face to face. "How about you tell them that? I bet they'll work harder without you telling them" He sighed again, but this time he smiled a bit. "Have I ever told you how smart you are?" I blushed a bit and looked down, smirking. "No. But I'll never get tired of hearing it" He chuckled and cupped my cheek, kissing me, but I pulled away quickly. "Now go. Gryffindor needs his captain. I need some good competition after all" He chuckled and flew away, going much easier on the team. The twins flew over to me smirking. "Told you" They said in a sing-song voice at the same time. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Get back to hitting the bloody bludger you two" They looked at each other smirking, looked at me one last time and flew away.

And then the game came sooner than I expected. And what a surprise, it was raining. That was going to be an interesting match. I sat with Luna at the Ravenclaw stand, using a repelling charm to keep water off of us, the teams were waiting to be called out. "Your boyfriend seems awfully nervous" I nodded. "He really wants to win the quidditch cup" She nodded dreamily. "Oh, they're coming out" I squinted my eyes to look more closely, Luna was right both teams were walking out. I couldn't even hear Madam
Hooch with all the rain, but I managed to see them take off. Lee had to talk three times louder so that we could hear him, and we barley could. I was more interested in watching the seekers play, but I couldn't make out faces and just saw blurs of red and yellow, flying around.