1. Back at Hogwarts (Year 4)

Y/N's P.O.V:

I hugged my mom before I entered the train just barely before it left. It was the beginning of my 4th year at Hogwarts.

After all this time (A/N: Always 😜) I had basically no friends, I got along with most of the school but I wasn't close enough to anyone to be able to call them a friend. What I did with my spare time was playing music, I'd use my wand as a drumstick when I was unable to get to my ukelele in my trunk, or I just simply hummed to a tune I had in my head.

You may be wondering, how does a "social butterfly" like me get along with almost everyone but not have any friends, well there's a simple enough answer, I eavesdrop and learn secrets.

Having no friends makes me virtually invisible and able to learn secrets, it's a simple trade they treat me right and I don't spill their secrets. It makes me sound like a bad person but it's really one of the only ways I can think of so that I'm not bullied for being a muggleborn.

That's right both of my parents are muggles. My dad left when I was a kid, I barely remember him and my mom works day and night so that I can eat. That's why it breaks her heart every time I leave, but at the same time she's happy that I'll be safe and full at Hogwarts.

Anyways, enough of my depressing back story, and more of my fascinating story.

I sat back in an empty compartment just watching the landscape roll by, some people knocked on the window of the compartment to say hello, and I always smiled politely back, but before I knew it I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up who knows how much later I was too lazy to check, but I was just able to make out the trolley lady pass by, my stomach rumbled at the sight.

I checked my pockets for spare change and had just enough for a pumpkin pasty. I left the compartment in a hurry trying to catch the trolley but someone caught my attention first. "L/N!"

I turned around slowly to face Marcus Flint, a Slytherin, and judging by the badge on his chest, quidditch captain.

"Flint" I said with venom in my voice, glaring at the boy.

His secret was that he snogged a muggleborn (without knowing) before last year ended, I caught him.

"Where are you going L/N?" He smirked while slowly stepping towards me, every step he took forward I took one back.

"Somewhere" He smirked and tried placing a hand on my shoulder, I pulled back before he had a chance. He raised his hands in surrender with a smirk on his face, he slowly placed his hands in his pockets.

"How about we go somewhere together and maybe have a little fun?" I pretended to take in his offer and took a few steps forward so now our faces where inches a part, a smirk still plastered on his face, I leaned in so that my lips where right next to his ear.

"Keep dreaming Flint"

I quickly got away from him before he could react and started running towards the trolley, laughing at the sight of his confused face, he yelled—surprisingly, not running after me.

"One day you'll take my offer L/N!!" I turned around facing him while still running backwards.

"As I said keep drea-" I crashed into someone else when I wasn't looking.