78.- One Extra Harry (Book Seven)

Y/N's P.O.V:

Sometimes I wonder why I did what I did. Why did I voluntarily join a war between people who could kill me with two simple words? Each time I question myself I find myself answering differently. To save muggles, to finally live in peace, because I love adrenaline. Thinking back maybe there wasn't just one answer, they were many, instead of seeing it as a multiple choice question. I should've seen it as an open question, one that could be answered in many different ways. (A/N: Oof this has got to be my favourite paragraph I've written in this entire fanfic 😌)

When I was asked to be a decoy to save the one who would save us all, I didn't think twice before accepting. I was going to keep fighting even if the person hated me, or if my fiancée thought it was a bad idea. Because what good is it having someone who will love you for the rest of your life if you don't have a life to look forwards to? So I found myself asking me the question. Why do you fight? And in that moment the answer was, for the future... (A/N: Fun fact fiancée and fiancé are different words and are both spelt correctly 😃)

"Are you nervous?" Luckily the street was dark enough as to not show me biting my lip out of nervousness, just typical order business as always. "No" "I've known you long enough to when you're lying" I smirked though he still couldn't see it. "That's a lie" He scoffed, his grip on my hand tightening. "Okay yeah you called me on my bluff, the point is I know you're nervous and scared" "Well if you want to talk about feelings. How are you feeling mister all mighty Wood knowing your girlfriend is about to go disguised as her adopted brother who is angry at her for his godfather's death all while you try to protect her?" He sighed, the lampposts finally shining some light on our faces as we neared the house we had been searching for. (A/N: For fuck's sake I started writing in third person 🤣 Someone hotwire my brain for this book and not my other weird au I'm writing....) "Fiancée, and I'm terrified for both of us. But I trust our skills and Moody's plan" (A/N: Why is fiancée the only word in English with an accent? 😂 Is it because it has a French origin or some shit like that? Idk I'm splurging our my thoughts sorry go on) I sighed, swinging our hands as we passed yet another boring house. You could say it reminded me of my mum's house, but at least you could tell hers apart from the rest of the neighbourhood's. "Gotta get used to being a fiancée now huh?" I raised my hand towards the light, the ring shining in it. (A/N: I'm not gonna pretend to know what kind of engagement ring y'all want so use that pretty brain of yours 😉 Right enough author's note for one paragraph) "It's a thing that you have to get used to L/N" "I thought you'd call me Mrs Wood now or some shit like that" He chuckled, Harry's house now in view, well his aunt's house. "Nah. I thought you'd want to keep your name, you deserve an identity of your own" In that moment I'm pretty sure my heart melted like a piece of chocolate left on the dashboard on a summer day. But I obviously wasn't going to show it with actual expressions. "Have I told you I love you?" He shrugged, his smirk fully visible against the dimly lit street. "Only a handful of times" He pecked me on the lips and went to check out the house for Death Eaters. But sure enough, four Privet Drive was free of them. "It's here" I nodded and rang the doorbell. I heard loud footsteps on the other side, they weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were inside. Not that there was much of a case considering the Death Eaters already knew because of Snape and were on their way to annihilate us, just typical order business.

Moody swung the door open with so much force I could've sworn he would've broken it off of his hinges. He pointed his wand directly at me and Oliver. "If you're really Y/N L/N what did you nickname our secret society?" Oliver leaned over my shoulder. "Is he serious?" I saw the opportunity and took it. "No he's Moody" He scoffed and leaned back. "Answer the question" Moody's hand shook as he held the wand, he was either nervous or desperate, maybe even both. "The secret order of the kitty lovers" He harshly pushed me inside, causing Oliver to jump to my defence but Moody pointed his wand at him. "If you're Oliver Wood, what was he scared of when he was a kid?" "How would you know that?" I shrugged, leaning against the doorframe. "I told him, now answer the question before they kill you under the pretence that you're a Death Eater" Oliver gulped. "Heights" And so Moody pulled him in beside me. "Sorry about that, but you never know. You're just in time" Moody guided us towards the joint kitchen and living room, Oliver holding my hand as we walked. "Heard there's a party in here. Am I late to the booze?"