62.- Time Skip

Y/N's P.O.V:

(A/N: I kinda just wanna start writing Harry's 5th year so sorry if there's a lot of time skips 😂)

The party was coming to a close, so I decided to head out early, I had enough of people. "I'm going to leave now" Percy didn't even pay attention. "See ya at the Ministry...prick" Still no attention, I just sighed and stormed off. "Are you leaving miss L/N?" I turned to face Dumbledore with a tired smile. "I think I've had enough parties for a while" He smiled and grabbed one of my hands. "Be sure to come by more often" I nodded. "I'll try Professor" He nodded and I walked out the door. It wasn't one of the best experiences in my life, but it wasn't that bad. At least I got to see people I knew and missed.

And speaking of, Harry was standing in the corridor that led to the exit. "Got bored already?" He nodded. "Are you leaving?" I nodded and he sighed disappointedly. "I'm sorry. Maybe when you go to Hogsmeade we can meet up" He nodded sadly, I pulled him into a hug. "If you ever need absolutely anything-" He chuckled. "I know, 'send me an owl' You've said it dozens of times now" I scoffed and ruffled his hair pushing him away. "I have to say it a dozen more. I haven't received a single owl from you" He chuckled. "I promise I'll send one this week" I smirked and raised my pinky finger. "Pinky promise?" He smirked and nodded, intertwining our pinkies. "Pinky promise" I let go of his pinky and started walking away. "See ya around Potter" He waved me off. "See ya around L/N".

(A/N: Time skip one 😈 I'm gonna count how many I do 🤣)

A week had passed from the ball, Percy was dead set on ignoring me. Probably because I 'embarrassed him' by leaving early, which was bullshit. (A/N: Does bull shit look like horse shit? 🤨 Like super huge balls but like gooey? I'll stop talking about shit now 😅 Sorry 🙃) I was reading on my bed on a cold Sunday morning, my mum was still sleeping since she had to work another double shift the night before. As I flipped the page I heard a little peck on the window. I placed my bookmark at the page I was at and walked over to the window, I expected to see Apollo with another Oliver apology letter for missing our 'weekly' date. But it was actually a beautiful snowy owl. Hedwig. I opened the window allowing it to fly inside. "Hello little fella" It started eating my leftover snacks I had on my desk as I read the letter.

Dear Y/N,
I pinky promised I would write to you, so here we are.
I've been hearing whispers about the last task (I've decided to follow in your footsteps for a bit), all people know is that it's being held at the quidditch pitch, and that any quidditch maniac would be fuming if they saw it. So if you get the chance to come, it would probably be for the best to leave Oliver at home.

I chuckled. Harry sure knew Oliver, if they ever dared to do anything to the pitch he would use one of the unforgivable curses without remorse.

Either way, I hope they let you come. It's been lonely without you spying around the halls.
I hope we can see each other soon,
Harry.

I put the note down and grabbed some parchment, Hedwig still fluttering around my room.

Dear Harry,
You finally kept your promise! Good job you're learning! I'm just kidding (not kidding).
I'm half glad you're following in my footsteps, just don't get too caught up. We can't have you being the lone wolf, how could the prophet get the scoop on you then?
About the task, I'm sure it'll be hard I won't lie to you. But I've seen your progress and am positive you can overcome anything they put in your way. I'm sounding like a proud mum now, but you get my point.
I promise someway I'll be there, even if I have to take down all the protection spells surrounding Hogwarts and then sneak in.
I'll try to leave Oliver at home, but giving him a heart attack is sounding very tempting.... Although he might strangle someone, thinking of it I probably shouldn't tell him.
Either way I'll find my way inside, and I'll be rooting for you (no pressure though). If you need help (and are allowed to ask for it. I don't the think the judges would appreciate you cheating and asking for un allowed outside help) I'm one owl away. (A/N: I'm ooonlyy oneeee owlll awayyy. I'll be there to saaaave theeeee dayyyy. My remastered version of One Call Away 😂 I should write these down somewhere and maybe do a cover one day 🤔)
I think Hedwig is getting annoyed at being in my room, so I'll cut this letter short.
Have fun with the Skeeter woman (yes, I've read the articles, I'll hex her one day)
Y/N